Reinforcements

We immediately went to see who it was. At first we were cautious. With all that had happened recently it could've been anyone.
When I first saw the person step out of the truck, it took me a second to recognize him. I don't know why it took me a while to figure out who it was, but I was excited once I recognized him.
Elias was the first out the door. I was second. We quickly walked over to the pickup truck, and that's when I noticed the stranger who had come along with the old friend.
Elias greeted Mr.Liam first, "Hey, Mr.Liam it's been a while. What're you here for?"
Our former boss gives us a wide grin, "I came here to help you. Wasn't it my fault when Mr.Escapade found out about all the shifters in the agency?"
I glanced over at the stranger who had come along with Mr.Liam. He looked to be my age, eighteen. Dirt brown hair and equally dark eyes mimicked Mr.Liam's stoic features.
Mr.Liam tells us as he stretches an arm out toward the stranger, "This is my son, Connor. I thought we could use an extra hand."
Everyone then exchanges a handshake with him while introducing themselves. When I shook his hand, I had to have Elias explain that I had recently lost my voice and temporarily couldn't speak.
Connor smiles and says, "Well, I hope your voice comes back soon. My dad talks a lot about you. I'd really like to get to know you too."
Hopefully, Elias didn't hear that last part. He probably would have taken it as a flirt.
We go inside and quickly explain to Mr.Liam all that has happened in the past few days. Everything from the two shifters who attacked me, my voice's disappearance, Reina's mission, and the results of that mission. 
During this time I finished cooking the rest of supper. Elias was talking with Connor in the dining room after I laid the plates out on the long table.
I learned from their conversation that Connor knew Misty Sassafras, a wolf shifter who was also a friend of mine. Misty was the first shifter I had ever met. Before I met her I thought that I was the only shapeshifter in existence.
I'm definitely not, but, as far as I know, I am the only dragon shapeshifter on the planet.
So during supper I was mute. I had millions of questions to ask both Mr.Liam and Connor. I didn't try to communicate at all, because I didn't want people trying to lipread what I was saying. Plus, it looked strange too.
Mr.Liam and Connor later told us that they would be staying at a nearby town, but we insisted that they stay here at my house. We had plenty of room for them, and it was twice as safe too.
In all together, we have Elias, Alex, Neil, Westen, Connor, Mr.Liam, and me. When Reina returns, there will be nine of us, and the two shifters, Robin and Colten, may decide to to stay too. They did say that they no longer trusted Leon. I'm sure they'll officially be joining our rogue group one day soon in the coming future.
If our numbers continue to grow like this, we'll have a much better chance at stopping Leon's plans.
_____________
I was ecstatic when Reina finally walked in through the door. She looked very tired, but also very relieved too.
She apparently read my mind as I hugged her then gave her a concerned look.
"I'll tell you everything in a little bit." Her voice is filled with exhaustion, and her normal happy expression has been stolen.
Reina puts on a smile when she sees our two visitors, "Oh, it's nice to see you Mr.Liam. This must be your son. Connor, right?"
They exchange greetings, but we quickly get down to business. Waisting time wasn't an option.
Reina began describing her solo mission, "Robin and Colten gave me directions on where to go. They took me into a room, and then they left before any of us could be noticed. The room was large, and it held many internet servers. The room was connected to another room that contained material information such as filing cabinets. I went inside that room and looked up files that recorded anything about shapeshifters. I was extremely surprised to find not one file, but a whole entire cabinet based upon shapeshifters. So for twenty minutes I was unnoticed. It was enough time to find the file on Leon's plans, take pictures of it, and leave. I went back through the server room, and that's when a bunch of men surrounded me then took me to Leon. He gave me a speech about how shapeshifters are so much stronger than humans. Leon insisted that they were dangerous, and should be revealed to the world as the true danger we should fear."
She continued with an eased expression, "He wanted me to join in his fight. I said no. He got hot-headed. I stayed with my decision, even though I knew that I was caught and that there was no way out of it. Then Leon surprised me by saying that there was no chance that we could defeat him. Then before I realized what was happening I was outside being told that any of my efforts to stop him would not even put a dent in his plan."
Alex, who had been walking back and forth, now spoke, "Leon is either trying to weaken our determination and confidence or he's tricking us. Maybe you didn't even see the real plans."
Reina replies, "That's what I thought, but he said they were the legit plans. Leon might've been lying, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't though."
This is all so confusing! How will we ever even defeat this enemy?
Sometimes during moments like this everything is just so overwhelming. You didn't know if you should make this choice or that choice. Was our information even true? Have we been tricked? Would we even be able to save the secret of the shapeshifters' existence?
Reina explained to us what Leon Escapade's main plan was. Whether it was true or not was a real mystery.
The whole plan was complicated, but I'll let you know a few things. It was supposed to be taking place in Washington D.C. and every shapeshifter working at Leon's agency was going to be inside the city at different locations. He would use his staff to force them to shift in front of the countless cameras and news reporters. There would be shifters all across the city who would be under his command. They then from there will be told to attack countless innocent lives. Therefore, the government would immediately see them as both an international and worldwide threat. Then you can imagine the rest, complete chaos.
"This just doesn't affect shifters. It could change the entire world. There's a difference between revealing shifters and posing them as a threat to humankind." Elias stands up from his chair.
"Exactly why we have to stop this." Connor says with determination burning in his eyes.
You're right, Connor. But we have our hands tied though. We don't have the resources, the man power, or a plan to stop this.
The source of the problem is Leon and that crazy staff of his. And without his staff Leon will not be able to accomplish his devious plans.
Anada, you might have a plan. A dangerous plan though...