Overcoming

(Make sure you listen to the music added to this chapter.)
Elias turns his head to look over at me as I'm pinned to the ground. He's clearly confused. I guess he doesn't remember passing out. A thin trail of blood from an unknown wound is trickling down his right temple.
He glances up to see Leon pointing a pistol down at him. Leon fortunately hasn't noticed his reawakening yet.
Elias slowly and painfully reaches toward the holster on his belt. I think about shaking my head at him, but that would only notify Leon of his actions.
A few seconds later, Elias manages to pull his 9mm pistol out. He immediately points and pulls the trigger. A loud bang echoes off the brick walls in the ally that we're between.
Leon abruptly drops his gun as bright scarlet blood gushes from the bullet wound created on his hand. He shouts in pain and bites his lip as he attempts to stop the uncontrollable bleeding.
With my tail, I slip the faux staff onto the hood of the car and the. snatch the real one. The red dragon, who's still pinning me, doesn't realize I have even moved. Neither does he realize that Leon is in agonizing pain which is also being loudly voiced in his cries. The dragon is oblivious to everything except me.
Leon manages to grab the faux staff with his good hand and commands the dragon, "Kill her!"
Nothing happens though. The dragon still keeps me pinned down. He doesn't move a millimeter. Just stares at me with that killer look in his eyes.
"I said kill her, you stupid beast!" Leon screams with pain oozing heavily from his voices.
If I hadn't been able to switch out that staff, I would be dead right now. Elias gave me the distraction I had needed, and in turn it had saved me.
This is my chance. I'm bleeding and my shoulder is throbbing, but I must keep pushing myself. I am Anada Stone. I know can do this!
My eyes flit toward Elias who has now passed out once again. This only proves how severe his injury is. The snow I put on his arm is no longer white. The longer he's out here the more likely he may...
Don't think about that, Anada. Just fight!
I kick back into action with a literal kick to the dragon's stomach. He reels back angrily. Apparently, the real staff still had him under control.
As I jump back onto my feet, I barely see Leon grappling for his pistol that lay in the snow. I strongly lurch toward him, but 'Big Red' slams into my torso sharply. I slap him with my wings and scramble toward Leon as he points the gun back at the Elias's helpless form.
Unfortunately, 'Big Red' snaps his jaws onto my tail and yanks me back before I can reach Leon. I watch as he raises the pistol. The whole world becomes a slow motion picture.
If I turn the staff off, the dragon will stop attacking, but by then Leon will have pulled the trigger.
With all the strength left in my weakening body I pull myself forward. The dragon was still clamped to my tail. I breath in a deep lungful of air, and release an inferno of fire at Leon. This causes him to press himself flat against the brick wall. His gun goes off nonetheless, and the Mustang's front windshield shatters into thousands of tiny shards.
That's very unfortunate. Elias won't like that at all, but it won't mean anything unless if I don't get Elias some medical help soon.
I kick the dragon in the face. Then, as soon as my tail is free of his jaws, I take the staff, which is still being held by my tail, and slam the it into the ground. There was one last loud ring emitted before it broke into five contorted metal pieces.
My instincts told me to be expecting another round of attacks from 'Big Red', but like I assumed the red dragon was free of the staff's control. He was lying on the snowy grown shaking his head confusedly. He was acting the same exact way I did when I had first been controlled.
I immediately swivel around toward Leon who was attempting to reload his one cylinder pistol. Why was he so reluctant to giving up his gun?
The bullet that had gone into my shoulder and out the other side of my body had caused much tissue damage. Dark red blood poured down my blueish green scales, I had several bites along my body, and multiple bruises that badly hurt too.
I slap the gun out Leon's hand with my left wing. It was the same wing that I had broken so long ago, and it was also his fault that it had been broken in the first place.
"It's over." I growl in his face.
"No, it's not over yet." He replies unintimidated.
My eyes involuntary flicker toward Elias's crumpled form lying in the cold snow. He needed a doctor extremely bad. If his wounds were great enough to make him unconscious then that meant he had to go to the emergency room. Elias may die if I don't get him some help very soon.
I couldn't just leave Leon here when I had just stopped him though. He'd run off and then I'd never find him.
...but what did Leon mean when he said it wasn't over yet?
My question was answered shortly afterwards.