Outnumbered

"Is this the right place?" I ask my fellow teammates as we look out across the deserted farm.
"Yeah, Leon wanted us to check this place for some drug dealers." Neil says and checks his gun's ammunition again.
There was an old house with a huge barn standing behind it. Beyond that the mountains grew up from the earth's crust. Thick woods surrounded the barn and house.
We were now somewhere in California. Leon Escapade had assigned us his first mission. It seemed simple. We had had much harder missions than this one, but most were usually dangerous too.
"Shouldn't the local cops be doing this?" I ask Alex.
He shrugs, "Leon wanted us to do this. So let's get it done with."
We then advance toward the buildings, and easily make it there with no trouble. Once we reach the house I hear something rattle inside. My other teammates hear it too and we cautiously proceed inside.
When we enter the room, men abruptly start shooting. Everyone ducks and finds shelter from the gunfire. Then we immediately fire back. I don't have a gun, because I really don't need one.
I shift into a dragon. My wings sprout from my back while my arms and legs lengthen. My face elongates and my tail grows from the base of my back. Lastly, my talons, fangs and spines grow.
My shift took only a second, and I was able to fire back at the enemy with actual literal fire. The men retreat down a hallway and flee out a door. We immediately follow.
I was right on their heels the whole time. My talons and spines began heating to their usual metal melting temperature.
The five men then ran into the barn and shut the door right in my face. A deep growl vibrated throughout my chest. I glance back at the team as they come closer. Elias get's there before the others.
I then slash my talons across the door. The wood burns and make a large hole for us to climb through.
The team catches up and we go inside together. The barn is dark and smells like stale hay.
"Surrender yourselves." Alex shouts into the darkness.
He's answered by more gunfire and some shouts.
We scatter out and take up different positions. I jump up to the loft while Elias slides into the stall underneath me.
The barn is dark and I easily figure out a good distraction. I run to the far end of the loft then shoot a stream of fire in the air.
The whole barn is illuminated with golden light, and I see the enemy. My heart drops and my blood turns cold when I see about thirty men.
We're outnumbered!
While they're still distracted I glide down from the loft and struck at each enemy. The barn has turned dark again, and only my talons and spines are glowing orange in the darkness.
My weapons meet their targets, but more men start to crowd in around me. I hear my teammates coming.
I quickly shout at my friends, "Stay back. There's too many!"
I hear one of them come anyway. I immediately know it's Elias, and I start to lash out at the men once more as I try to reach him.
He doesn't know that we're outnumbered. I have to stop him.
Someone opens the back doors of the barn, and bright light comes in. Now everyone can see.
I find Elias and push him out of the way as a man charges him. I bite the man and throw him into a nearby wagon.
Elias stands and warns me of another man. I hit the attacker with my wing. The blow knocks him down on the floor with a painful cry.
I glance over at Elias and find him running out the back barn door with five men chasing him. I start after him, and an earsplitting cracking sound fills the whole barn.
Then as I am ten feet from the open door something crashes down onto my back. My head hits the ground hard and I lose consciousness.