Manage

I quickly put the car in reverse and backed out of the parking lot of the burning museum. The tires squealed as they spin on the snow covered asphalt.
I needed to find Alex and the rest of my team. There was no telling where they were at the moment. When Elias and I were sent to Leon's little hideout, they had gone to check on any places that Leon would target and to notify any shapeshifters who were still unaware of the threat that loomed. 
I needed my cellphone which was in my pocket. After all this time I had remained in my dragon form. So I shifted back to a human. My clothes reappeared as my scales, tail, and wings were absorbed back into my body. I have no idea how my cellphone can still be in my pant's pocket, but it's there.
Earlier I had had an earpiece, but it was likely pulled out during the fight with the red dragon.
As I'm driving I scroll through the contacts on my phone and call Alex. While doing this I had to dodge speeding cars and avoid random obstacles that had been thrown in the center of the street. D.C. was in complete mayhem.
There's something else going on in D.C. that I don't know about. Why else would people be frantically running around as if a disaster has, or is, about to take place?
The phone rang three and then Alex's concerned voice answers, "Anada, where are you? We've been trying to contact you for an hour!"
I unexpectedly gasp as my shoulder throbs and I barely manage to say, "Alex, a lot has happened. There's no time to explain. What's happening? Where are you and the team?"
I hear him pause as if he's talking to someone and then he replies, "Meet us at the main headquarters of the agency in D.C. Get here fast. We really need you and Elias. What happened with Leon by the way?"
I take a right at an intersection and say, "Like I said, long story. It's both good and bad. That's not important though. What's going on Alex? Everyone is acting crazy out here. I've been in nearly five wreaks already- Wait make that six."
"Haven't you heard? The president's son had been kidnapped." Alex tells me as if I should already know that fact.
"What?! How?" I stutter as immeasurable pain shoots through me once more.
For a second I think I'm going to momentarily pass out again, but I make myself stay focused. If I pass out, the damaged car I'm driving will be in far worse shape than it is now.
"That's the thing, Anada. We need the help of a shifter." Alex continues.
"What about Misty? She is with you, right? We haven't seen her since the fight with Leon. She was helping us at first, but I just assumed she rejoined with you." I say as my worries grow higher.
He quickly replies, "No. We thought she was with you still. There was a fight? How bad was it?"
"Alex, we have to find Misty?!" I shout worriedly.
Misty is my friend. I didn't know her as well as Elias, Reina, Alex, Westen, or Neil, but she was still a very close friend of mine. Plus, she was my age and had little experience with dangerous situations like these.
"Anada, don't worry. She's smarter than you think. Connor is probably with her right now." He says reassuringly.
I just saw Connor, and she definitely wasn't with him.
I don't have time to explain everything to Alex. I just have to hope that Misty hasn't gotten herself into trouble somewhere.
The building comes into sight and I jerk the steering wheel sideways. The Mustang slides on the sloshy snow as it skids into the parking lot. There are random cars driving around of the property just as recklessly as I. Government officials are rushing in and out of the building. This was the place Alex had told me to go to. Apparently, this was the headquarters of the agency we were part of, but that was before Leon twisted everything. No one will likely notice rogue agents hanging around through all this confusion.
"Okay, Alex. I'm in the parking lot now. Where are-" I was unable to finish my sentence as another wave of pain rushes through my body.
Pain is hard to describe. You don't know what it is or what it feels like unless you've been through it yourself. Pain hurts. And hurting can't be described easily.
But, this time the bullet wound hurts worse than ever before. I cry out loudly as I realize that the bullet wound isn't just a regular shoulder shot. It must have been coated with-
My vision goes black once more, and I slump forward against the leather steering wheel. The last thing I see is my cellphone falling out of my hand and onto the floorboard.