Listen To Me

These two shifters were very peculiar compared to the ones I had met so far.
Since they had switched to our side, we let them stay with us in the house. Of course, I greatly disapproved of this. My teammates knew of my disapproval even though I didn't say a word. But then again, my throat was still unable to produce any sound, even after two days of resting and healing.
Anyway, I mentioned earlier that these two shifters were peculiar. I'll explain.
First of all, neither of them seemed to have any interest in music, video games, art, sports, technology, or any sort of activities that take up your free time. They constantly wanted to become better at their skills or do something productive.
Second of all, they constantly showed their animalistic side. They weren't shifting; they just had a lot of their animal traits show when in human form. I was sure that they never acted this slack around other people who were unaware of the existence of shifters. They only seemed to be this way around us, because we knew what they were.
If I didn't tell you already, I'll tell you now. I did not trust them. What if this was their plan? What if they meant to infiltrate us and then attack when we trusted them most?
Two years ago, we allowed a man to temporarily join our team until he was officially assigned to a team of his own. His name was Galvin. A bad mistake, because two days later he had the cold metal barrel of a pistol held up to my head.
What if the same happens once again? I can't even physically talk with any of them. And I'm still mad at the shifters for nearly ripping my throat out. Nope, never gonna let go of that, ever.
For the past two days that they have been here, we have devised a plan to get into Leon's headquarters. It was an almost flawless scheme.
This was the way for finding out the information we needed from Leon. Here was the plan: Reina would return with Robin and Colten to meet with Leon. When they got into to the facility, they would leave Reina somewhere inside before they reached Leon's office. She would then use one of their badges to enter any private room with online files. That's where she would find the info that we needed for knowing when Leon was going to attack the shifters. Once she was done, Reina would sneak back out with Robin and Colten.
Of course there was the danger that came along with this plan. This was the part I resented so much.
Robin and Colten may use this opportunity to rat-out Reina. If that doesn't happen, someone may catch her snooping around inside the headquarters or they may even recognize her. If neither of those things happen, she may be caught when trying to leave the facility.
About an hour before we all reviewed this entire idea with everyone, I finally decided that it was safe enough to shift back to a human for the first time since the attack. I had been nervous that my throat wound would leave a nasty scar, but I was well relieved to look at my human neck and see smooth unscarred skin there. Too bad I still couldn't talk.
So during the whole discussion on Reina being a spy I was not able to give any of my opinions. I attempted to communicate by nodding or shaking my head, but usually my answers were much more complex than just a simple head movement. I once wrote on a piece of notebook paper to tell them what I thought, and I nearly wrote a whole story's worth of information.
I started to think that they enjoyed not having me yapping negativities about their flawless plan.
We've done this before! You think this plan of yours is good, but it only works fifty percent of the time. We have to review this through. Have you thought of all the horrible things that could happen during this spy mission? Leon will be expecting something from us. He's got his guard on; waiting, watching, destroying!
I wanted to scream from being held silent. How could I tell my teammates all that was flying through my head? Being silent was so frustrating!
"It's settled. We'll start tomorrow morning. Robin and Colten will take Reina with them to the facility." Alex says completely trusting the plan.
I stood up from the chair I had been using. Every dragon instinct inside my body was telling me that this was wrong. They very well knew that I was trying to tell them this. So why were they not listening?
Guys, you know something bad always happens when I get this abnormal feeling! Listen to me. It's obviously not a stomach ache, because I have not been sick since I have become a shapeshifter.
I tried to tell them this one more time, but they reassured me that all would be fine. The reassuring did not work.
I shook my head hopelessly.
Please, any plan but this one!
I stormed out of the room not expecting to be followed. A few seconds after leaving, Elias comes up next to me.
"Anada, she'll be fine. No one is going to catch her. We're going to be successful." He tells me.
I tell him while hoping he can easily read my lips as I silently say, "You don't know that."
He changes the subject, "I know you're upset about not being able to speak, but your voice will come back."
But what if doesn't come back.
I point down at the ragged scar on my right arm. Reminding him that not every wound heals, even a shapeshifter can't get by without a single scar.
Elias puts his hands on my shoulders and says with hope, "Anada, I believe your voice is going to come back. Might not be now, but it will come back when the time is right."
The right time is right now!
Reina was about to dive right into the shallow end of the pool, and my voice was possibly never going to be heard by anyone ever again.