The Hero

My eyes opened and I struggled to stand, but a heavy weight held me down. I tried gasping for air, and my lungs couldn't breath in the oxygen that I greatly needed. An incredible pain was felt throughout my body.
I lifted my head up to see a terrible man lifting an axe above me. My head dropped in exhaustion and defeat.
Suddenly, Elias launched himself out of nowhere and jumped onto the axe maniac. He viscously threw punches while the man tried hitting him with the metal head of the axe. They both rolled to the barn floor and kicked for about two straight minutes. It seemed like the man would win and then Elias would start to overcome him.
"Nobody hurts her!" Elias yells furiously at his foe.
Once Elias is finished beating up the man, he runs to me and started shoving the object off my back. I looked back to see that it was a huge piece of wood from the ceiling.
Elias eventually got the huge slab of wood to move. Then I was finally able to breath once more. I gasped in the life giving air. It was the only thing I could do.
His face came close to mine, and he was about to speak to me.
The other men started coming toward us, and Elias stood over me while firing his gun out at the remaining men. He was vulnerable and could have easily been shot himself, but Elias continued to protect me as I lay there helpless. I tried moving my right wing, but a sharp stab filled my body. I ground my teeth in pain.
A few minutes later the loud gunshots stopped, and I felt Elias kneel next to me on the ground.
"Anada! Hey, look at me."
Elias lifted my head very gently, "Anada? It's alright. It's me, Elias."
"Elias?" I mumbled and tried moving again.
"Don't try moving. Your wing looks... broken." He said with sadness.
I then blinked my eyes open and looked around at the barn. Men were hurt everywhere. They lay here and there with bullet wounds, but none were dead.
Then, ignoring Elias's protests, I stand. I turn to look at my right wing to see it bent at an extremely odd angle. The blue and green scales had turned a dark red bruised color.
"Hey, take it easy, Anada." Elias says to me as the rest of our team arrives on our side of the barn.
A jolt of anger filled me, "Why did Leon Escapade assign us such a dangerous mission?"
"That's what I would like to know. We could've been killed." Reina says bitterly.
"Maybe that was the point. He didn't seem too happy when I declined his offer to join another team." I tell them as my wing continues to throb with each heartbeat.
"We have to do something about your wing." Elias tenderly touches the broken area of my wing.
I sigh deeply, "I obviously can't go to the doctor to get x-rays as a dragon."
Neil starts talking, "You definitely shouldn't shift. It could cause permanent damage. We need to get you out of here too. Alex has already called the police to round these men up."
I nod and follow my team out to the Hummer that looked like it was a million miles away. I didn't feel like walking the distance. We pass the house, and the team tries to find something to set and bind my wing with.
While they're looking, Elias and I open the trunk of the dark blue Hummer.
"If I can't shift, how will I ride with you guys? I was once able to ride in the passenger of your Mustang without having to shift, but I've grown since then." I tell him.
He shrugs, "I guess you'll have to ride in the back of the Hummer for now."
We remain quiet for a while. Our teammates were either still in the house or watching the men in the barn. There seemed to be a peaceful calm after the dramatic gun fight in the barn.
"I didn't thank you for saving me." I tell Elias slowly.
"Yeah, no problem." He replies, but I see him blush.
I start to look at him strangely when his cheeks start to redden.
He glances at me, "What?"
"Nothing." I say with a smile, but I cover my mouth filled with razor sharp teeth.
I'm always embarrassed when I smile in dragon form. It just looks unusual for a dragon to grin.
A minute later I hear the police sirens coming from the road. I tell Elias and I jump into the trunk of the Hummer. He closes it, and I wait as the many police cars come to take the men away. Most of the men had to be taken to the hospital in ambulances.
I got cramped in the trunk. I was much larger than I was three years ago when I first shifted into a dragon. My broken wing continued to pain me greatly as I tried to find a comfortable position to lay in.
I would've fallen asleep if it wasn't for how much my wing hurt me. I kept my eyes closed as I listened to the conversations of the many police outside.
Eventually, they left and someone finally opened the trunk. It was Elias with a bag full of random supplies.
"What's that?" I point at the bag slung over his shoulder.
He lays the bag on the bumper and says, "It's some things that are needed for your wing."
I sniff the bag and a weird smell comes from inside. I sneeze at the strong odor.
"What is that smell?" I ask him while covering my nose.
He takes some sort of can out then says, "It must be this cream. I don't smell anything so I'm not sure. Neil wanted me to use this and he insisted on doing this himself, but I said that I could do it."
I then watch as he ties my wings against a piece of long wood, and applies some of the funny smelling cream along the area of my broken bone. Lastly, he puts it in some sort of sling that was large enough for my wing.
I stare at it curiously then ask, "How long will it be till I'm able to shift without causing any damage to my wing?"
Elias replies while zipping up the bag, "Neil said that you shouldn't shift until you can fly again."
I snort and a few flames fly out of my nostrils, "That could be weeks from now. I can heal fast, but not that fast."
"I'm sorry, but I did bring some painkiller." He hands me some sort of small white pill.
I swallow it and immediately wished I had something to eat along with it.
"I'm hungry can we go find somewhere to eat?" I ask as the rest of the team approaches.
Elias laughs, "Yes, but I don't know how we're supposed to hide a dragon."