Great Idea

The next morning I woke up to remember what Elias had told me last night.
He had explained an idea for how we could stop Leon Escapade from revealing shapeshifters. It was a great plan and, with a little revision, it might just work. Though it did involve some dangers. Every mission of ours always holds a certain degree of unsafe tasks.
I step out of my room after changing into a pair of dark blue jeans and a black long sleeve shirt. Connor who had been staying on the third floor above me was coming down the stairs at the moment. I am able to hear him with my super senses, and I quickly catch up to him to talk with him.
"Hey, Connor. You got a minute?" I ask him as he reaches my floor.
Connor who has the same easy going attitude as Elias says, "Sure. What's up?"
"Elias has this great idea for how we can stop Leon and get your father's job back. But, we need more help. Do you think you could ask Misty if she could join us? It's dangerous though and I doubt that her parents would let her, but we're desperate for another hand... or paw."
If you don't remember who Misty is, she's a wolf shifter who I met two years ago. We rarely ever see each other, but we're good friend nonetheless. If we had her fighting along with us, it might mean a lot when we save the shifters. Plus, since she is a shifter herself I assumed that she would be willing to help guard the ageless secret of the shifters.
Connor nods, "Yeah, I can ask her. Why don't you ask her yourself? I don't mean to be rude about it, but it may be better if she heard it from you."
I'm surprised by his words for a moment. Then I thought about what he said. I guess he had a point.
"You're right. I just assumed that since you're closer to Misty her parents might let her join us." I say as we reach the bottom of the staircase.
He shrugs his shoulders, "I'm the same age as her, and you're just slightly older. I think her parents might respect you much more if you were to ask. Her parents would  also understand because they know you do a lot of work as an agent, and if you asked they would not doubt that you needed Misty's help."
Connor could sometimes be very immature, but at certain times he was probably the smartest person standing in the room.
We're walking into the dining room. Thankfully, Reina had cooked breakfast for our gang of eight people. Everyone else had already come down to eat by seven thirty.
Elias was waiting to eat his portion while he explained his amazing plan to everyone while they ate. They seemed pleased with it just like I had the night before.
After we ate we all decided that it was time to go to Washington, D.C. The place where Leon was going to revealing the shifters. If we are going to intercede his plans then had we better get going.
By nine o'clock that morning we had all of our gear, weapons, and excitement ready for the trip north. I locked the house and hoped that we would return to find it as beautiful as we had left it.
Elias and I were the last to leave the property, because I had insisted on packing a few extra weapons. Most of them were from inside my private room. That's where I stored the weapons my parents had left behind.
Two years ago, Drake had tried destroying a city with a bomb that was meant to create a fault-line in the earth's crust. I was in a tight situation and threw my silver coated dagger at the circuitboard that controlled the bomb. Luckily, the silver conducted electricity, and it fried the entire control panel without the bomb going off.
I knew that fighting Leon, and whoever else was allied with him, would be dangerous and possibly a deadly thing. If I succeed it would be worth it all. If I didn't then I would try doing something else about the situation to make it better or I would die trying.
Our mission was to protect the shifters' secret. The world would be in a turmoil if they knew that such mythical beings were amongst them. The government might possibly try to capture shifters and study them like a new species of animal. Shifters might involuntarily become a worldwide enemy before they could even speak for themselves.
The world may not react in that exact way, but I wasn't going to wait around to see if it did. Leon hated every single shifter out there, and he also wanted them seen as an universal threat.
Elias and I left at nine that morning, but we arrived at our destination many hours later. It was probably late evening when we met the team at a small hotel in Washington D.C.
The temperature lately had been extremely cold for November. It had brought along with it some early winter weather with it too.
Snow had fallen the night before, and a thick white blanket had been placed on every rooftop. We were on the less populated side of town which meant that we had more snow covering the roads. The snow plows had done a poor job in this certain area.
The powdery substance danced in the wind and continued to fall from the sky in small flurries. It was absolutely beautiful, but it was not my type of weather. I was a warm weather dragon who loved the ocean. The last time I checked, I was not an ice dragon.
Elias parked in front of the hotel where the team was staying that night. When we got out of the Mustang, I immediately noticed that there was snow clumped together on the fender flares behind the rear tires. It was also stuck to the metal hubcaps too. It wasn't pretty white snow. It was brown nasty snow that had been mixed together with corrosive salt brine and sand.

Elias loves this car more than anything

Elias loves this car more than anything. He got it two years ago when we both escaped from these crazy people who had kidnapped us. In return he happened to steal the most expensive and luxurious car in their huge garage. It had multiple electronic devices inside the interior. Elias knew how every single application worked, but I have never been an expert on electronics. Till this day I have never figured out how everything in it works.
Elias would probably have an emotional breakdown if anything ever happened to his Mustang. There's no telling what he'd do if someone damaged it.
Great, you probably jinxed it, Anada!
We proceeded indoors. I was about to open the room our friends were staying in, but something cold was thrown into the back of my exposed head. I slowly turn to see Elias forming another snowball while having the widest grin on his face.
"Oh, you want to go that direction? Okay, but remember you brought this on yourself." I challenge as I dive behind the team's huge Hummer.
Elias launches a few pathetic little snowballs toward me, but I create a large volleyball-sized mass of snow. I jump out from the vehicle's protection, and with all my great dragon strength I hurl it at him.
The large white mass smacks him right in the face. Elias steps back a few steps while wiping packed snow off his face.
"What in the world?" He mumbles while spitting snow out of his mouth.
I skip over to him and wrap on arm around his shoulders and say arrogantly, "You just got burned, but with ice."
He cuts me a sly but playful look. Then before I can even blink once a ginormous white wave covers me. It envelopes both of us in a pure white mass. I end up falling over onto Elias from the impact.
I roll sideways in complete shock while trying to figure out what just happened. Then I see that a portion of the snow from the roof happened to have slide right on top of us.
Elias is still flailed out on the ground and he is laughing, "You should see yourself, Anada. You're covered in snow."
I look down at myself to see that he's right. None of my clothes can be seen through the thick snow stuck to me.
Suddenly, the hotel door opens and Alex stands there looking at us with a questioning look on his face. I guess he didn't expected to walk outside and see two snow covered teenagers laughing their heads off.
"I'm not going to ask..." He chuckles and then turns around and goes back inside the room.
We both stand up and brush off the snow stuck to us. Elias has to comb his fingers through his dark hair in order to filter out the snow. I can't run my fingers through my hair since it likes to get tangled easily.
As I step toward the door, I slip on ice and fall forward. The ground starts to fly toward me quickly, but Elias manages to catch me before I smack the ground. I look up at him and our eyes lock.
He smiles, "You okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Worse things have happened to me." I smile as we head on inside.
I'm met by a warm mass of air as I walk inside the hotel room. The whole team is there along with Mr.Liam and Connor. I'm also surprised to see that the two shifters, Robin and Colten, have decided to officially join us.
For the next hour we work on the plan Elias has formed. There were a few areas that needed revision, but other than that it appeared to be somewhat successful.
Then suddenly I heard a truck pull up outside the hotel. I quickly go to the window to suspiciously look at the truck parked right in front of our room.
"Hey, look! It's Misty." Connor says excitedly as he proceeds outside with no coat.
I then remembered that I called Misty an hour before we left my house. I was surprised that she had been able to come today, but I was more than thankful that she could.
Misty soon comes into the room with a colorful duffle bag hanging over her shoulder. I watched as Connor took her bag and placed it with the other various bags in the corner.
My suspicion that they were dating grew each minute. How they looked at each other seemed to say something more than 'just friends'.
Did Elias and I gaze at each other in the same way? Probably.
We quickly went over the plan with Misty. She nodded throughout the whole explanation. It was a relief to know that we had more people involved now. I have no clue what we would do if it was just Alex, Westen, Reina, Neil, Elias, and I.
With the help of Misty, Connor, Mr.Liam, Robin, and Colten we would be able to do much more. In all, we were ten people strong.
But even that might not be enough to ruin Leon's malicious plans.
Only fate and destiny would determine the coming days ahead of us.