Ask Him

(This chapter was written by my best friend, SETwrites . I needed some help with writing this portion of Anada, and she was happy to help. Okay, let's see what happens 😄)

We had just finished watching the video Reina had recorded while we were inside the gas station. The video was of the clerk flirting with me, and Elias getting mad at him for doing so.

I randomly glance over at Elias's sleek black Ford Mustang. Our reflections could be seen in the spotless paint job.

"So Alex tell me why again I can't have my own car?" I ask as Alex walks over.

"Because you're not exactly the best of the bunch when it comes to driving and there's no need for you to have a car for missions anyway," Alex says.

"What? Elias can vouch for me. I am a great driver! Right, Elias?" I exclaim.

"Right, you're an amazing driver," Elias says with sarcasm oozing out of his mouth while wearing his 'I am totally lying' smile.

"But I'm serious, she's good," Elias says wrapping his arm around my shoulder while we're standing there. "So I'll let you drive my Mustang all the way to your house."

Wow, such an honor getting to drive.

"Actually, Elias can I ride in the Mustang and you hitch a ride with Alex and the others?" Reina asks him.

"Um, okay," Elias replies.

"Thanks, and Anada you can drive home," Reina tells me.

"Okay, bye, Elias see you there," I wave at him.

As I'm driving the Mustang, Reina starts to strike up conversation, "So, when are you and Elias going to date?"

My reaction to her question almost had us end up in the ditch.

"Wha-what are you talking about?" I ask strangled from choking on my gum too.

"You know what. I see how you two look at each other," Reina exclaims with a bright smile.

"How do we look at each other?" I ask.

"The little things, like how you two smile all the time at each other, and just a while ago Elias had his arm around you. You two even hug each other way more than 'just friends' do," Reina exclaims. "You really should go on a date with him."

"But I don't think Elias wants to date me in the first place," I say.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME! He talks about you all the time. You should hear him when you're not around 'Oh, Anada is the greatest. She's the most beautiful creature on earth. Blah, bla, blah.' It's adorable," Reina practically screams.

"Oh, I didn't know that!" I shriek.

"That's why I'm telling you now," Reina says. "We're almost home and once we get there I want you to ask Elias out on a date."

"Why me? Why not get Elias to ask me?" I ask.

"To throw him off a little bit, and it'll be cuter seeing him react to you asking him than him trying to get the guts to ask you out," Reina says.

After Reina's last comment we finally pulled up to my new and improved plantation house. It was renovated with new appliances, but antique furniture to give it that old timey feel.

"Go on," Reina utters to me.

The rest of the team and I get out of our cars and begin to head toward the house.

I sprint up to Elias. "Hey, do you wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure," Elias replies with his usual smile.

We're now walking along the beach with the plantation house barely in sight.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Elias asks me.

"Don't know. Actually...have you ever been on a date?" I ask warily.

Elias' face turns beet red. "No, not all. Not before you."

"Before me? What do you mean by that?" I ask being very confused.

"I gauge my life on whether something happened before I met you or after."

"Oh, okay. Why?" I ask.

"Because meeting you was one of the biggest events in my life. I would've never have known what Alex and his team does for a living or catch bad guys like Drake," Elias looks at me thoughtfully.

"Thanks, that meeting me was a big event for you," I tell Elias.

"Well, sure, but why did you ask me about whether I've dated or not?" Elias asks.

"I never dated anyone either, didn't ever really get the chance to while I lived in the orphanage," I say as I look out across the blueish green ocean.

"That's too bad, I would date you," Elias nonchalantly says.

I feel heat rise to my face, pinking my cheeks. "Then...let's go...on a date. Together."

"You want to go on a date? With me? Re-really?" Elias stutters as his face turns red once again.

"Yes, really," I smile but then I hear heavy-laden footsteps from a distance. "Someone's coming fast."

We get into our fighting stances and stand back to back ready to strike.

"Heeeyyy guys," shouts Reina still running towards us. We relax from our tense positions.

"Dinner's ready. Just wanted to keep you two up to 'date'. Plus Alex told me to get you guys," Reina says smiling particularly in my direction.

"Okay, thanks. Come on, Anada, let's head back," Elias says. Elias and I walk back towards the house not to far behind Reina.

As we're walking Elias grabs my hand and our fingers intertwine. He gazes at me with an affectionate look and leans in to whisper in my ear "Yes".

********************

It's just after dinner and I need to take a hot shower and sleep in my massive, comfy bed.

Time to let all the dust, grime, and that funny butterfly feeling wash away.

When I'm only a few feet away from the bathroom door with toiletries in hand, I hear Reina call from behind. "Hey, Anada."

Aw, so close.

"Come on, Anada. Let's go to your room to talk," Reina drags me back to my room and shuts the door behind her.

"So how'd it go? Did you ask him? Did he say yes? Well, of course, because you two we're eyeing each other during dinner looking absolutely flustered," Reina squeals excitedly.

"It was fine and yeah, he said yes," I say bashfully.

"When is the date? What are two going to do?" Reina asks.

The blood feels like it's draining completely from my face. "I...I don't know. We didn't talk any more about the date."

"You don't know when or where you're going to have your date?" Reina shrieks.

"No, I don't," I say slowly.

"Oh my-. Fine, I'll just take care of it," Reina says with an exasperated sigh placing her fingers on her nose reflecting on what to do.

"What do you mean by 'take care' of it," I ask.

"Don't worry your scaly tail. Goodnight, Anada," Reina says as she takes my fresh new toiletries off my dresser and slams the door behind her.

So much for getting the shower first.