Dragon vs. Dragon

Startling is what it was. I had no idea what had just landed on top of the white van, but whatever it was wasn't happy at all. It hissed and sputtered flames angrily.
Red scales covered its entire serpentine body. Wide scarlet wings were attached to its arched back. Blood colored spines and horns protruded from its form. A long strong tail whipped dangerously by our faces. Apparently and fortunately, the creature hadn't yet spotted us.
Elias and I turn to look at each other fearfully. We both were shocked by the creature above us. It was a dragon, undoubtedly.
I always thought that I was the only dragonshifter. Today, I have seen the first other dragon, besides myself.
This also has raised the danger-meter's handle. From dire to dangerous. The last time I checked a dragon was a well armed carnivore. It was a fact I had known for three years.
I whisper to Elias as the dragon continues to sniff the air, "You have to go. It'll tear you to shreds."
"Yeah, well what're you doing to do about it? Shift and risk being controlled by Leon's staff?" He whispers back to me with a deep concerned look in his eyes.
I shake my head slowly, "We don't have time for this. It's obviously under Leon's control. So we need to lead it away from the public's view."
The dragon abruptly twirls around, and finally sees us crouched down there. I now know how my enemy feels when I am fighting as a dragon.
"Run!" I shout as we take off as fast as our human legs can go.
We head down the nearest alley. With my super strength I'm able to go faster than Elias, but it's bad the crimson dragon likes flying instead.
I can hear it's loud breathing behind us. Grotesque snarls and roars escape it's throat. The smell of smoke washes over us.
I glance back to see that Elias is ten feet behind me. The dragon has his black talons reaching out toward him as he's running. The deadly sharp talons were within inches of Elias's shoulders.
Before anything can stop me, I twist around and shift in midair. My green scaly body immediately slams into the flying dragon. We both crash to the ground noisily. The impact painfully knocks the breath out of me.
The snow is blowing down the alleyway causing a wintery effect to our battle. I pull myself off the ground as the red dragon bares his teeth at me wildly.

 I pull myself off the ground as the red dragon bares his teeth at me wildly

I glance toward Elias and shout, "Keep running."
I'm now in danger of being controlled by Leon, but if I shift back to a human there is no way to resist the red dragon's deadly teeth. One slash of it's razor teeth, talons, or spiny tail would rip my human throat out.

 One slash of it's razor teeth, talons, or spiny tail would rip my human throat out