A Discussion

I walked out of the clothing store. A cold wind blew my hair across my face. Without a second thought, I pulled the jacket out of the bag, tore off the price tags, and slipped it on over my t-shirt.
I cherish the warmth as I rethink about the discussion I had had with my boss only three hours earlier.
A few seconds later I find my team sitting outside some sort of café. They each had a cup of hot cider in their hands. I guess it was too late in the evening for coffee.
Elias smiles sweetly while handing me a cup, "I got you some."
I can tell that it made Elias genuinely happy when he attempted to do something kind for me.
"Thank you, Elias." I gladly smile back and eagerly take the cider.
I sip on it some, but the others stare at me strangely, because I am somehow able to drink it without melting my mouth.
Another cold breeze blows by and leaves bounce along with it.
"Why are we outside? It's a little too chilly, and I'm sure that it's a hundred percent warmer inside." I say and glance at the people sitting comfortably inside the café.
My teammates knew that I disliked the cold. They obviously had a reason for staying outside.
Alex quickly tells me, "We needed to be alone. This is the only place we can't be interrupted."
I nod, "Okay, let's get down to business. We know that Mr.Escapade wants me to join a shapeshifter team and also hates me."
Neil speaks up, "I watched him closely. My observation proves he has something against shapeshifters in general."
"How could you tell that?" Elias sets his cider down.
Neil answers, "Well, Mr.Escapade knew what that whistle would do, and purposely inflicted pain upon Anada. He wasn't mad at her for declining his offer. It was something much more than that."
Westen leans forward in his chair, "You're saying that he hates shapeshifters? Doesn't that go against his whole let's-make-teams-made-of-shapeshifters idea?"
Neil shakes his head, "Not exactly. Think about it. He is making teams completely made of shifters. Once he has them all together he could do anything with them."
"Wait, what do you mean? Do you think he would really harm the shifter teams?" Reina suddenly asks Neil.
"Possibly."
Reina stands, "I want to question that, but Mr.Escapade hurt Anada right in front of our eyes. There is no proof that says he wouldn't try to do something to other shapeshifters too."
Westen leans forward farther, "So basically he is putting them together so he can just hurt them easier?"
We all nod. Our suspicions about Mr.Escapade had been proven. He was definitely not the type of person who needed to be making shifter teams. For some reason he had something against shifters in general. Nobody knew why, but we did know that there was a dangerous event soon to occur in our future.