Momentarily Safe

Elias and I rushed in through the back door. Our teammates stand silently around the kitchen table. There was an unnerving air of defeat, but why?
"What happened?" I asked without further hesitating.
Alex answers solemnly, "Mr.Liam just contacted us."
Why did our old boss decide to now contact us? Why had he not tried speaking with us until now?
Alex shakes his head. I had never seen him like this before. He looked like the world was about to be destroyed. I knew then that if he wore such an expression that nothing good was about to be said.
He began the bad news, "Leon Escapade never made it to jail. He's still loose, and he has a second staff. We just learned that from Mr.Liam."
He paused for only a second, "We were wondering how Mr.Escapade found out you were a shapeshifter. Well, he found out from Mr.Liam."
I jump forward, "Are you saying that Mr.Liam betrayed us?! Why?! He knew my parents, and even made a promise to them that he would keep me safe."
Alex sighed calmly, "Mr.Liam had been told by Leon Escapade that he was planning to form shapeshifter teams. So Mr.Liam had every shifter's file in the agency sent to Leon. He thought that he was doing this for the better good. Mr.Liam would have never done this if he knew it would have such effects."
We are all silent. I'm leaning against my hands which are placed on top the table.
I stand straight again, "I know what Leon is going to do."
They look at me without answering. An expressionless look on each face.
I narrow my eyes, "Leon has a second staff and shapeshifter teams. He hates shifters. According to how he usually reacts, Leon will use those shapeshifters for something bad. But I also know what he'll probably try doing with them."
They waited patiently for my answer. A still quiet suspense floated around us.
"Leon Escapade is going to reveal those shapeshifters to the world."
"And only we can stop him." Elias tells us sternly from beside me.