Unfolding Plan

I'm going to skip the part where the team and I went over Elias's plan last night. All we did was go over it and edit one final time. The start of his plan was probably going to be what starts the final battle between us and Leon. There will only be one winner today. Either shifters will keep their secrecy or they will be seen as monsters.
Right now we're outside Leon's little hideout. How did we know where it's was at? Well, with the help of Deryk and his buddies we gained loads of helpful information about our enemy.
There's a rifle slung over my shoulder. As usual, I doubt I'll need it, but if I shift to my dragon form Leon will then be able to control me.
Elias is crouched by my side. We had already parked his Mustang in one of the alleys behind us. We were currently hiding behind a van covered in dirty road salts. The white snow was soft under our boots. An icy breeze wisps underneath my chin. Both of our eyes our glued to the building ahead of us. It lay right across the street from us.
"So... how're we supposed to get in, Elias?" I ask slowly.
He pulls out our secret weapon. Without it we couldn't pull this off. It was the staff we had taken from Leon. The day when I was first controlled by his evil hand felt like a long time ago.
We had this staff though, and we had made a few changes to it too. The staff still made a high-pitched ringing noise that only shifters could hear, but it wasn't high enough so that it could control them though.
Elias turns toward me, "Remember. Misty is going inside as if she's a normal agent. She'll ask to see Leon. Once she speaks to him, Misty will say tell him that she has spotted rogue agents outside. This will likely draw him out... maybe."
We wait and watch for what seemed like decades. It was cold and eerily quiet in the white snowy streets of Washington, D.C.
"It has been too long. Any reports from Misty?" I ask Neil over the earpiece.
"No." He replies solemnly.
I mumble to Elias, "This isn't good. This should've only taken twenty minutes at the most."
He grasps the staff in his hands nervously. We had been planning on switching it out with Leon's. Leon wouldn't even notice we had taken his until he attempted to use it on someone.
A minute later I start to hear the familiar ringing in my ears. It's quiet at first, but it grows rapidly.
"It's starting." I say to both the earpiece and Elias.
Elias seems worried. I was too. Anyone in our situation would. It's either win or fail today.
I look over at Elias. A slight smile stretched across my face as my eyes run across him. I hoped that Leon wouldn't gain control over me and force me to attack him like last time.
As if he could read my mind, Elias suddenly says to me nervously, "Anada, whatever happens I want you to know that I love you."
Without any warning at all he quickly places a kiss on my cold right cheek. I give him a shocked look. My face lights up and reddens at this sudden act of his, but two seconds later a red streak flies across the sky and lands heavily on top of the van we'd been hiding behind.
Shattered glass showers over us. Metal creaks under the thing's weight. The vehicle rocks from the sudden impact.
Smoke and scales are the first two things I smell.
A/N: Sorry, about the short chapter. I promise that the upcoming chapters will be getting longer.
So what do you think just happened to Elias and Anada? I won't let anyone know until the next chapter. I only want to know what my readers think. 😎