His Reason

"I still love you, Anada. Nothing can keep me from loving you, because I never ever stopped loving you." Elias stands in front of me.
A soft breeze blew my hair gently. I felt heat rise into my face.
"How can you love someone... that almost killed you, Elias?"
He smiles sweetly, "Anada, I'm still here, aren't I? You didn't kill me, and truthfully I don't think you would have that day."
I shake my head and turn away, "You don't know that, Elias! I... I had no control whatsoever."
"Anada, you need to let that go." Elias looks at me sadly.
Maybe he's right. I'm the only person who truly got upset.
I breath in and then out. The cold night air was crisp inside my warm lungs. My heightened scent allowed me to smell the distant odors of the house. It was faint compared to the salt and fish smell of the ocean near us.
All I could hear was the waves breaking, Elias breathing, and extremely loud music playing in the distance. It was probably Westen doing something in the garage again. He constantly plays Imagine Dragons and Fall Out Boy music.
Scent and sight did not compare to what I saw.
What I saw on my left was the liquid black ocean reflecting a beautiful full moon. Out of the right corner of my eye I glimpsed the faint light of civilization, my house. But what was in front of me was the person I had fallen in love with.
I never realized that I cared for him so much until recently. I was the one who had been blind. I didn't even think we could ever be more than friends until Reina told me how Elias felt about me.
And he really did care about me. He worried if I was okay. He made sure I was safe. He had even put his life on the line for me a few times.
Elias repeats himself, "Let this go Anada."
I breath in deeply again then tell him, "Okay, I will, but nothing can make me forget."
I quickly add, "Elias, I don't understand why or how you could still love me for what I am. How? Why?"
Elias straightens his posture, "Anada Stone, first of all I love you for who you are. Not what you are. You ask how and why I love you. Here's my purpose: When I first met you in my hometown at Sarah's diner my entire world had changed completely. Not because I joined the team, but because you were just... different from any other girl I'd ever met before. It wasn't that you were a shapeshifter, but... because it was like you actually saw me as if I was actually there. You spoke to me just like a friend. I didn't even realize that you had stolen my heart until the day Drake nearly killed you when we were in Oregon. Ever since then I can't live through a day without smiling at how you have blessed my life with your presence. If I had a dollar for every time I think about you a day, I would only have one dollar. Anada, I will never ever give up what we have together. You are my world. Everything is black and white without you by my side."
His familiar smile spread across his face. It was a real smile, not the fake kind you see in the movies. It was genuine.
I finally figured out a reply to his breathtaking words, but my right pocket starts vibrating. An electronic ringtone starts emitting from my pant's pocket. I quickly pull out my iPhone and answer the call.
"Hello?"
It's Alex, "Hey, Anada we need you and Elias back at the house. It's urgent."
"Okay, we will- Wait, how did you know that Elias and I were together?" I ask surprised.
I hear him chuckle, "Oh, it was just a wild guess."
I then hang up the phone, and we quickly make our way back to the house.
Though as we jog along the path I steal a few glances at Elias.
I didn't care if I was only eighteen and him nineteen. Elias and I were meant for each other. He was the missing piece in my heart. He had always filled a hole that I never realized was there.