// p r o l o g u e //

"There's nothing more important, than the earth, sky, and water." -R.P

I hummed to myself as I jumped on the large rocks to get to the other side of the stream. I walked up the gravel path through the woods that I had always adored since I was young. The scenery was always so peaceful, and most of all, the most gorgeous thing anybody could lay their own two eyeballs on. And if you didn't use sight, touch was way more extrodinary. I ran my fingers along the bark of the trees, my hands cupping the fallen leaves in my hands and blowing them away...feeling their texture against my palms before they took flight.

"Well if you walk with me...well if you take, my hand babe...we can go, to the place you ain't never seen before..." I sang softly, leaning against a tree.

"Slow dance in the moonlight, I'm just tryna set the mood right..." I smiled as he stepped in front of me. I let him take me in his awaiting arms.

"Hi." I whispered, clinging to his jacket, afraid to let him go.

"I'm so sorry..." His fingers brushed through my hair as I tried to breathe in deeply, and exhale slowly...just like how he taught me.

"It's not your fault..." He laughed softly as we started swaying back and forth.

"That's where you're wrong, Fallon." I inhaled his scent, trying to permanently memorize it...but I knew I couldn't do it.

"I know, James." He leant back slightly and raised an eyebrow.

"What did I tell you about calling me that?" He started to tickle me, mercilessly.

"Stop! I'm sorry!" We both laughed together as I pushed him a bit too roughly, but his hands on my waist sent me down with him also. My eyes met his and I bit my lip.

"You're my best friend, Jamie. I don't want you to leave." I set my head down sideways on his chest as he rubbed my back softly.

"I know...I know. I was being stupid...now my parents are just gonna send me off to a boys only school, where I'll learn "to be a man"." I giggled and looked up at Jamie.

"You? A man? Ha!" He smirked and his fingers poked at my sides, teasing.

"Stop!" His chest rumbled as he chuckled.

"Okay...okay." He looked up towards the sky and an idea popped into my head. I reached over for my bag and pulled out my camera.

"Really? You're gonna pull that junk out now?" Jamie asked, not directing his eyes to me.

"My baby, is not junk. And yes, I need a memory of you." I angled the camera slightly to the side as I straddled his waist. And snapped the photo. The photo ejected and I grabbed it, shaking it out a bit and putting the photo and my camera into my bag.

"I'm gonna miss our afternoons like this..." I sighed, staring up at the sky.

"Me too, Fal...me too."

"Please, please don't make him go!" My Dad had me sercurly wrapped in my arms as tears streamed down my face.

"James!" That made him snap his head towards me. He smiled sadly, and his eyes began to water.

"Please!" He mouthed three simple words.

'See you soon.'

But I knew I wouldn't see him soon...if at all ever again.

I will be using quotes at the beginning of every chapter, some have to do with photography, and some deal with other subjects I plan  to use in the chapter.