// s i x t e e n //

"Don't shoot what it looks like. Shoot what it feels like." -D.H

Over the next few months I'd successfully taken more pictures of River, but not as many due to us being so close. There were about 10 people still in the competition, but I wasn't concerned about whose muse I was. I wanted to win this and win it well. The majority of people know that me and River have something going on. No, we haven't made anything official.

But there were perks to being close to River. I found out that he very deeply supports animal rights, and doesn't wish to see them in any way shape or form of harm. We'd went to a rally together even, which was a perfect opportunity to say I was taking pictures of the crowd and not him. He was such a kind soul, and in class he'd say some of the most inspiring things. He wasn't normal...and I loved that about him.

As I kissed him in this moment, I knew that the world didn't deserve such an amazing person.

"River, will you be my boyfriend?" I gasped, panting as our foreheads touched. I felt my eyes widen as I realized what I had just said.

"I mean like-"

"Yes, Sevine." He ran his finger across my bottom lip as I smiled at him. In that moment I felt like I could take the risk.

"Have you thought at all about whose muse you are? Cause I have literally been paying no attention." River smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"How do I know you're not the one who's taking pictures of me?" I smiled, shrugged, and laid back on the bed.

"You don't. That's the part that makes it thrilling. You have to keep it a secret at all costs, to win."

"The worst part is...if I were to guess you, and got it wrong, I'd lose." He sighed and laid his head in his hand.

"'Risk and reward'...or...'All good comes to those who wait'? In the end, River, it's your choice. It always is." He shook his head.

"A choice that is quite painful to make, girlfriend." He said as he hovered over my body.

"I think you'll live either way, boyfriend." I ran my fingers through his soft hair and smiled dumbly.

"You know you'd be a cute blonde."

"You know I didn't mean you actually had to do it." I ran a hand through my hair and shook out my poofy now blonde curls.

"It's cute though." River shook his head and held out his hand.

"C'mon, Curious Bunny." I took his hand just as a voice shouted for River.

"River!" We both turned around and saw Joaquin heading towards us.

"Joaquin, what are you doing here?" He looked down at our hands and grinned.

"Finally, Mom and Dad are going to be thrilled!" River's eyes widened and he shook his head.

"Joaquin...it's not what you think it is. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment." River held an angry face as Joaquin was already walking away with his phone up to his ear a giddy look on his face.

"This is probably bad I'm guessing?" I turned to River and he sighed.

"Most likely."

xx