// t w e l v e //

"We about to change the pace, we're gonna need some space." -J.J

"You made out with him?!" Christopher shouted and the whole cafe turned to look at us and his cheeks pinkened. Chris wasn't big on the whole attention thing.

"Maybe." Hattie awwed and stayed in her dreamy state. Evee wiggled her eyebrows and obviously was gonna pressure for more.

"What did he say today?" I held back my blush and took a sip of my strawberry smoothie.

"I haven't seen-"

"Everyone knows he switched courses, Sevine." I sighed. How does everyone already know?

"Fine. Well we agreed we'd like to do it again sometime."

"We will." I looked at Christopher with a look and he nodded.

"Hey, River." I turned around with a smile and took another nervous gulp of my smoothie through the straw.

"Hey. I was wondering after classes if you wanted to come to my dorm to help me again?" The boy deserved an award right then and there. He acted so innocent and cute, but I knew this time it was a lie.

"She'd love to." Evee said, before I could even begin to form words.

"Great. I'll see ya then?" He took my hand and kissed it, obviously trying to impress the friends. But the heat that rose to my cheeks was undeniable.

"Yeah."

"Can I get a guy like that?" Hattie asked, staring as River left the cafe.

"If you date me." Christopher smiled at Hattie and she rolled her eyes. "Worth a shot." Christopher had always had a big crush on Hattie, but she didn't seem to return the gesture.

"Classes are back on in 5. I'm gonna head back. See you guys." I waved and smiled.

"Good luck on your date!" The trio said and I rolled my eyes.

"I hope you guys know this is not a date." But I secretly knew it was sorta implied. I jogged over to campus and made my way to my second to last class. Studio Photography. Once inside, I quickly took a seat and took out my notebook and pen.

Professor Kane assured us that we'd be needing to take notes today. I knew it was more about the people and business today. So these notes would be crucial.

"What made you choose photography?" I squeaked and looked to my side to see River.

"W-what did you say?" He chuckled and pushed some of his fair hair out of his face.

"When thinking about a career...what made you choose Photography." I hummed softly as I tied up my hair in a poofy ponytail.

"Well, because." I shrugged and smirked, knowing he'd want a real reason. He nodded and leaned an elbow my right arm rest.

"Now...gimme a real reason." I could see the playfulness in his bright eyes. So I continued it.

"Okay, well...a little bird said that I should."

"What? A stork?" I busted out laughing and River smiled in satisfaction.

"A-"

"Let's start off with the more fun side of photography for some people." River winked and mouthed 'later'. I nodded and turned my attention to Professor Kane.