// e i g h t //

"Cause all we got is right now." - Right Now

"Sore?" I nodded and smiled.

"Yeah. But thank you, River. And I promise I will pay you back as soon as-"

"Don't worry about it too much, okay?" River laid a hand on my shoulder and I sighed.

"Okay. Can I see the drawing now?" River shook his head and kept his eyes on the road as our fingers intertwined. HE'S HOLDING MY HAND.

"One more stop." I banged my forehead against the dashboard.

"And I assume you won't be telling me where?" It was 8:45 and I really should be back at my dorm. But I like hanging with River.

"No chance, Curious Bunny."

"Okay. Why don't you tell me a little about yourself, River?" He raised an eyebrow and glanced at me.

"You wanna know about me?"

"No, I'm just asking the question for you not to answer." I said sarcastically. He shook his head and shrugged.

"What do you wanna know?"

"Family life."

"I have 4 siblings, actually. You met Joaquin, he's the oldest. There's Rain, Summer, and Liberty. I'm older than the girls."

"And what do they do?"

"Joaquin is a buisness man. Does things involved with this electrical company, he's 24. Rain just got into law school, she plans to be a lawyer for some big people, she's 17, soon to be 18. And Summer and Liberty? Summer is a big smartie pants and skipped two grade levels, a big tomboy though, she's 13. And Liberty gets non failing grades and is into the dark stuff, she's 11. But don't all teenagers go through that kind of stage?"

I chuckled and nodded.

"I went through a dark stage myself. What do they plan on doing?"

"Summer wants to model with all her heart. And Liberty would like to sing, but she's not 300% positive. We were a little band as we grew up, Joaquin wasn't into it too much. Mom and Dad were happy though."

"Aww! A little band? That sounds so adorable. Little River and his sisters, strumming the gutair and belting out their solos." River rolled his eyes playfully and I giggled.

"I still haven't figured you out quite yet, Sevine Carter. But I'm hoping I will." I smiled as River's thumb rubbed my hand in little circles.

"You're in a whole little category on your own, Mr.Phoenix. And River, I have a question."

"And I my dear, have an answer."

"Are you and...Joaquin, on bad terms?" River stayed silent for a while, and he removed his hand from mine to clutch it to the steering wheel.

"You could say that." I bit my lip, but I couldn't hold it back.

"Can you tell me why?" I really represented curious.

"Joaquin is...mysterious, in short, to people who do not know him on a personal level...in his everyday life. He does things rationally, and once his mind is set, there's no going back. He sets his mind to things he shouldn't do..." I didn't say anything, just waited for him to continue when he was ready.

"He is my parents' pleaser. Whatever they want, he'll get them. Well want they want currently, has to do with me and something I do not want to give them. Which would be a wife. A wife at the age of 19."

Oh geez, marriage at such a young age could end in disaster.

"So...he comes around and nags at me, and insists on setting me up. But I am 19. I'm young, and frankly? I'm not ready to plant myself and have kids. Sure I'll settle down, but I wanna travel and do this without having a child weighing me down."