// e i g h t e e n //

"You're not who you say you are." -C.P

"Ken and Sevine." I turned my head towards Ken and raised an eyebrow. He nodded and jogged down the stairs to meet River. I soon followed.

"If we're gonna get to the bottom of this we gotta get to Nina. The girl." River directed the statement to me. I nodded.

"Of course she'd only have one course with us." Ken sighed.

"One course is enough to ask her. A young birdie," River looked at me and I knew it was Corey. "Told me that we'd be doing a group project for 3 days. That's 2 days to plan and 1 to take all action." I nodded and so did Ken.

"We've got one shot to do this right. Nina's sweet, but she's smart too."

"Let's do this."

"Get your partners and make sure this is quality work." Mrs.Reece announced before sitting at her desk and watched on. I took a deep breath and walked down three rows to approach Nina.

"Hey Nina, you wanna join me, River, and Ken in a group?" She shrugged and smiled brightly.

"Sure." I waved the two males towards us and we all took out our computers and started the project. We were picking parts of people's faces and putting them together in Photoshop.

"Hey Nina?" River called, and Nina blew her bleach blonde bangs out of her face.

"Yep?" River lowered his computer screen and so did Ken and I. Nina furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"We need your help." River announced.

"With?"

"We need Ken back in The Secret Project for Ms.Lightwell. Elliot framed him and we need your help, Nina." Her eyes widened.

"He got you eliminated? He apologized and sounded so sincere...I'm sorry, Ken." Nina set her hand on top of Ken's and he nodded.

"It's alright. Will you help?" She nodded firmly and that made me burst into a wide smile. This is all working to plan so far. Ken'll pass Ms.Lightwell's course I know it.

"Ken told me about Elliot in the first place. I owe him." She looked at us with certainty.

"Since that is settled it looks like we'll be doing some planning. I have a few ideas."

Later on River and I went out for some ice cream and came back quite late since we spent a lot of our time in the ice cream parlor talking. The night lights were on as we walked with our hands intertwined.

"I feel like a sidekick with this whole Ken thing. It's a great feeling." River smiled and shook his head.

"Well with the idea I've been pondering maybe you'll be the hero." I raised my eyebrow teasingly.

"What are you planning, Phoenix?" He kissed my knuckles and shrugged.

"Guess you'll have to find out tomorrow." I rolled my eyes and pouted my lower lip.

"Can I have a hint?"

"If I get a kiss." We stopped and I let go of his hand to place my left hand on his face. My toes extended up so our lips met. Before we separated I pulled back on his bottom lip and let it bounce back to its original spot. He licked his lips and leaned down for another kiss. I turned my head and his lips met my cheek. His frown made me laugh and grab ahold of his arm.

"Sooo gimme the hint lover boy." We continued walking and River hummed softly as he thought.

"Well...you're going to be the main one who gets Elliot Landon caught in the act of taking intimate pictures of people without their permission." I looked at him wearily.

"Not of me...right? Right?" River's eyes widened and he nodded at high speed.

"No way I'd let some pervert see you like that before I do!" I hit his arm and he flinched.

"Ouch!"

"Don't be gross, River Jude!" River stuck his tongue out at me.

"You're lucky I love you, you little shit." I smiled like an idiot and River made a confused face. "What? What, Sevine?"

"I love you too, Riv." I leant my head against his shoulder and soon felt his mouth press against the top of my head.

~~~

RIVER AND SEVINE ARE THE FUCKIN CUTEST COUPLE I SWEAR. I SHIP RIVERINE! DO YOU?