// t w e n t y - e i g h t //

LAST CHAPTER GUYS! I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL THE SUPPORT THAT CAME WITH THIS BOOK! I HOPE YOU'VE ENJOYED THE SECRET PROJECT AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR VERY LAST CHAPTER! I don't picture as any lady in particular, but this dress would be cute to wear so, and of course River looking good as usual xx

"The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." -H.K

Arriving to the opening was nerve wracking to be quite honest. I mean of course I was there with River by my side. However, when you see a future in front of you it's hard to remember that reality is currently around you. As I processed the thought of future I thought of River too. Marriage, jobs, a house, pets, children, and love. Tonight wasn't for worrying though. It was for hope and prosperity.

"You're finally here, my prized Secret Project winners." Ms.Lightwell said, and greeted us with hugs.

"What do we do here exactly?" River asked in a whisper. It made my lips twitch into a smile; attempting to avoid a laugh.

"Well you guys can start observing and you'll be greeted by a number of photography businesses. Please be thoughtful about your choices tonight; this will probably determine your kind of future after all." Lightwell said, and proceeded to give us a smile and walk off to greet people.

"I'm kinda shitting myself, River." I whispered as we walked around inside the gallery. He pecked my forehead and his deep chuckle vibrated onto my body.

"Sevine, you need to calm down. This is a happy night. Look." River gestured to a framed photograph and my eyes widened as I realized what it was.

" River gestured to a framed photograph and my eyes widened as I realized what it was

"That's us!" I accidentally shouted. People turned to look at me and River with smiles. In seconds a line formed to talk to us.

"Sevine Carter, you're a very fine photographer as I've seen from your portfolio. I don't want to take up too much of your time here tonight, so call me at this number." A man handed me a card and I felt like a lightbulb. My smile was huge and it stayed that way as many others did just the same thing. I was going to do my research on these companies as soon as I got home, and hopefully nail a job.

As soon as the line was finished I went to sit down and admire other photographs in the spacious gallery. The whole experience seemed like a dream that I never wanted to end. My eyes traveled back to River who had many people talking to him at once. There are a lot of choices on the table for us, and what if we don't see eye to eye on the same one? What if we have to separate, because of our dreams?

What if one day it all ends and I never see him again?

I stand from my seat on the cushioned bench and quickly made my way out of the gallery. I needed to be able to breathe. I walked to the side of the building and felt a sting in my nose. The tears fell faster than I could comprehend. Attempting to breathe large, slow breaths was hard.

I knew I loved him. I knew that this could tear us apart. I knew our relationship could end in the snap of two fingers.

"Sevine? Why'd you run off-wait, why are you crying, Curious Bunny?" River approached me and wiped the tears from my face.

"S-stop. Go back inside, River." I sobbed out and turned away from him.

"No. I'm not gonna ever leave you. Talk to me, now." He ordered as he gently cupped my face in his hands. My hands traveled to his face as wells

"What if you decide another path than I? What if we can't see each other, River? I don't want to imagine that." I spoke and immediately River shook his head.

"Then don't. Don't you dare, because we could always be self employed. Maybe we don't need those big shots at all, and maybe just maybe we can be our own business. As long as I have you we can do it." River whispered with determination. Our noses were touching and the intensity rose by the second.

"Are you serious?" I asked, needing the absolute confirmation. He nodded in return.

"Yes. I love you so much, Sevine. I'd do anything for you." His words made my smile come back to life; like I did to his heart, literally.

"I love you too, River. I really do." After I said that I heard a large sigh.

"Now I'm wondering why you guys haven't started making out yet since you figured out what to do with your lives." A female voiced.

"Fallon, they're just kids don't make them into some sappy love story." A male responded.

"James, I will do whatever I please." The female retorted.

"Mom?"

"Dad?" Me and River both spoke at the same time and turned to see one of our parents.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I asked and hugged her in excitement.

"Well, I wanted to see my baby become all successful. Now I come to find out that she's in love with my childhood sweetheart's son." Mom said with a smirk on her face. My jaw dropped as I looked at who is River's father.

"Mr.Phoenix, it's nice to meet you." He nodded and smiled at me.

"It's lovely to meet you as well, Sevine. You look so much like your mother when she was younger." He said as he looked at my Mom and stuck his tongue out.

"Oh chill it, Jamie. We can have a reunion later. Now we need to get our kids a nice dinner and back to their hotel." My mother said in a caring tone. James nodded.

"I am quite famished after that plane ride." James responded. River rolled his eyes and took my hand.

"Let's go with these crazies and have some fun. Tomorrow we'll be going back home after all." River reminded me and I pouted.

"I'll probably cry." I said. Everyone laughed and I rolled my eyes at them. "You guys are mean. You guys won't get dessert, but I will, and I'm gonna eat it in front of you all." I said triumphantly.

"Haha, no." River said with thick sarcasm as he leaned his head on mine as we walked.

"And you think I'm kidding?"

GUYS I'M GONNA CRY. IT'S BEEN ONLY A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AND NOW THE SECRET PROJECT IS COMPLETE. I'M SAD, HAPPY, AND JUST CONFUSED AT THE SAME TIME. IT'S BEEN SO MUCH FUN WRITING AND PLANNING THIS BOOK. YOUR GUYS' FEEDBACK IS THE CUTEST AND THE BEST. LET ME KNOW IF I SHOULD DO ANOTHER RIVER FANFIC OR IF I SHOULD TRY SOMEONE ELSE FROM THE 80's ISH ERA. I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL DO AN EPILOGUE, BUT IF IT'S REQUESTED ENOUGH I'M SURE I CAN COME UP WITH SOMETHING *WINK WINK*.

Once again, thank you all so much for supporting this story, and sharing it. It's been a pleasure my Rivets,(that was dumb but aye I tried) see you all later xx