// t w e n t y - t w o //

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." - Aristotle

"Tell me if you feel dizzy, nauseated, st-"

"Sevine, they said I'm okay." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"But I'm not." River turned to me in the booth and pressed his mouth to mine. I welcomed the kiss gratefully. The last kiss I ever have with him I don't want him to be on the edge of death.

"I love you. I know I scared you and I promise that I'll be more careful. I'd never leave you alone in this world with thick skulled people such as yourself." I scoffed and took Rivers' hand.

"Speaking of thick skulled people. Our parents should meet. Yes, my mother is quite stubborn about meeting people, but I'll convince her." The smile that appeared on River's face gave me reassurance. Reassurance that he was here to stay with me.

"Sounds inviting. Now eat your donut so we can get back to campus; "Mrs. Eat Your Food, River So You Don't Pass Out"." And I love you too, River. Every part of you.

~

"River, I'm glad you're back." Professor Lightwell said as River and I entered the class. He nodded and muttered a 'Thanks.' before we sat down. I began taking out all my note taking materials when River grabbed my wrist.

"Stop it. You've got a great brain to remember all this stuff, Sevine. You don't need to waste all your time doing all that highlighting shit." I held my tongue and nodded.

"Alright, but if I become stupid..." River took my hand in his and I was wondering if that's why he didn't want me getting all my note supplies out. That sneaky boy.

"Okay class, the numbers of photographers for muse's that have been found out has been increasing rather rapidly. There's only a few people left in the running of The Secret Project. How about we spice it up a bit?" She winked and murmurs began circulating their way around the room.

"Who is still in the competition?" She asks, and I raise my hand. So does River. So his muse hasn't found him out yet. I looked around to see only 6 other people with their hands raised.

"Hmmm...if you have any guesses you may guess now." She waited a few moments with a smile on her face.

"River...am I your muse?"

The room went silent. Mrs.Lightwell raised an eyebrow at River.

"Well is she?" River shrugged.

"Nope. Sorry Lily." Lily smiled and shrugged as well.

"It's okay. I think I have a feeling who yours is though." Mrs.Lightwell smirked at Lily's words.

"I'll need your photography portfolio by the end of the day, Lily. You made it quite far. Anyone else want to make a guess?" I had no idea who mine was. I really never bothered to look around every corner for someone with a camera to be honest.

I also haven't been getting many photos of River lately. I mean I do have quite a lot of photographs, but will it be enough to let my grade survive?

"No? Well if this pushes you to find out who...the winner of The Secret Project will travel to Florida to be present at the grand opening of an art gallery. Not only will one of their photographs be put in the gallery, they themselves will be in a photoshoot for a billboard ad for the gallery, and many high people from high places will be there for...bigger opportunities. The winner is the last one standing."

More murmurs, though most were from the remaining competitors, they were louder.

"Last one standing hmm? Game on, Carter. I'm going to find out whose muse I am and you won't, because you're never cautious." River abruptly said and I turned to him slightly.

"Oh yeah? Mr.Phoenix, you don't ever seem too worried about your surroundings." I bopped his nose and he smirked.

"We'll see about that. Wanna make a deal?" I nodded eagerly. If we wants a game, I'll play.

"Winner gets to dye the loser's hair." I fluffed out my new blonde hair in an exaggerated way and River rolled his eyes.

"No way I'm dyeing these beautiful locks." I snorted quietly and nodded.

"We'll see."