Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Chase

Wow. 

That was the only thing I could really manage to think when I saw Hailey coming down those steps. It was as if I had fallen into this alternate reality where I was the luckiest guy in the world and this beautiful angel had agreed to go on a date with me. Although, I'm not sure that alternate reality is so far fetched at this moment. 

It had to be the answer; Hailey must be an angel. She looks amazing in that little red dress, and my wolf was growing restless at this. He wanted to claim her right then and there, but I couldn't exactly do that considering she still doesn't know about me, this is only our first date, really, and we're driving to the dance right now. Our hand were intertwined though, which made both my wolf and I very happy and from what I could tell, she was also content. 

"So, are you excited for your first dance here?" I question and immediately regret it. Out of all the things I could've said, it had to be something as stupid as that! 

She chuckled a little, meaning she must've noticed the cringe I made after asking that question, "Very." 

I nodded, "Good." 

There was this awkward tension between us and I hated it. I hated it with a burning passion and I wished I could just whip out my claws and slash through the tension to alleviate it, but it wasn't that simple. Not to mention if Hailey saw me wolf out, she'd probably run away screaming and that wouldn't be good at all. 

"I'm sorry," She suddenly burst out, "it's just that I really have to know. Is this considered a date?" 

Hailey bit her lip and I couldn't help but think how attractive she looked when she did so. I felt my heart flutter, which believe me it's very hard for an Alpha like me to admit that and I stumbled over my words, "Y-yeah, I mean i-if that's what y-you want to, um, call it." 

She smiled, taking my breath away and nodded, "A date it is." 

"We're here!" Luke called from the front seat and Lily rolled her eyes at him, quickly climbing out of the car. See, she was upset that I didn't let her go with the guy of her choosing. But I mean, I really wouldn't trust anyone other than my beta and best friend to take care of her. 

I followed suit and quickly ran around to open Hailey's door for her. She smiled, a light blush creeping up on her cheeks and there was a swell of pride in me at the fact that I could make her blush, "Thank you." 

"You're welcome," I nodded, linking her arm with mine as we walked into the school and forward into the gym. The music was loud, blasting through the large speakers the school always used for dances. There were couples dancing, others just grinding on each other and there was a large crowd next to the speakers. I didn't doubt someone was probably doing something very sexual in the middle of it, because that's how it's been since forever really. 

The gym was decorated in white and red decorations, fake icicles hanging down from the ceiling while fake fires were sitting everyone, candles in the middle of all the tables helping the effect. The student council really went all out this year. 

"Wow," Hailey seemed to be thinking exactly what I was, "they really don't joke around with dances here, do they?" 

I shook my head, "Nope." 

The fast dancing music changed to a slower song, and a student came on over the microphone, "Alright, we're gonna chill a little bit and play some slow songs for all those couples out there!" 

There was quite a bit of cheering and Hailey laughed at the excitement, throwing her head back. 

Taking her hand in my own, I gestured with the other towards the dance floor, "Shall we dance, m'lady?"