Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Hailey's P.O.V

I stared at myself in the reflection, smoothing down the white summer dress I was wearing. Rolling my jean jacket sleeves up to my elbows, I inspected my face and hair. I wasn't wearing that much makeup, just mascara, eyeliner and a little bit of lip gloss and my long, curly hair was left down in ringlets that framed my face, reaching all the way down to my mid-back.

Sighing, I walked out of the bathroom and back across the hall to my bedroom where I pulled on my brown combat boots and slung my book bag over my shoulder. Taking my sweet time, I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen where David was waiting, a staff shirt for the local diner, Sam's, adorning his torso.

"How's my little senior?" He cooed, mocking me.

Scowling, I stole his apple and took a bite, "Terrible."

He rolled his eyes, grabbing another apple from the basket, "And why are you 'terrible'?"

"Because I have to go to school which is filled with werewolves and I can't even kill them there, plus I'm sick of all the homework," I grumbled. "Can't I just be a full time, grown up hunter like you?"

"Not 'til you're eighteen, little one," He smirked, tapping my nose. Scrunching it, I flipped him off, making him laugh, before turning on my heel and making my way to my car, slipping in and following my GPS's directions to Brookside High School. Pulling into the parking lot, I pulled into a parking spot that was the farthest away (didn't want to take anyone's spot and piss them off on my first day).

Sliding out, I kept my head held high as I walked into a building, ignoring the confused stares people were giving me. Pushing open the door to the main office, I found a secretary with straight blonde hair who seemed to be in her early forties smiling at me.

"You must be Hailey Argent, am I correct?" She asks, though I'm sure she already knew the answer to that. I only nodded. She smiled, "Alright, I have your schedule right here and a map of the school. Don't be shy to come in and ask for help, I'm always here. Oh, and don't be nervous around the other students; if they look at you it's only because we never really get new students."

"Alright, thanks," I flash her a smile before snatching my papers and heading out the door. Easily finding my locker, I placed my things in and jumped when I shut it and found two girls and a guy standing there, the girl in the front grinning widely and sort of like a maniac.

"Hi, I'm Lily!" The one smiling greeted.

I warily stuck out a hand to shake, "I'm Hailey."

Ignoring my hand, she pulled me in for a hug and I tensed slightly. She chuckled, pulling away, "Sorry, It's just that I'm more of a hugger."

Awkwardly, I laughed it off, "You're fine."

"Hey, I'm Rebekah," The girl standing behind Lily greeted me, shaking my hand unlike her energy-filled friend. "And this is my m- boyfriend, Josh."