New Lives

This the SEQUEL to " THE GREY AREA" you just DEFINITELY read that before this one!*

/////////////////////////////////////

It had been ten years since the last time anyone had seen Ethan. Some say he committed suicide , others say he was a coward and left, and very few said the most logical possibility: he was taken.

The only ones who know the truth are Ethan and his abductors. Savannah had tried to put clues together but they led to nowhere. Eventually everyone moved on but they always had Ethan on their minds.

::::::::::

After the disappearance of Ethan and trying to find him, Savannah thought it was best if she moved. She wanted a fresh start for herself and her kids. It took her awhile to cope with the fact that Ethan was gone but she got over it and changed for the better.

The Boston bakery is now managed by Bennie and Aunt Bertha, while the Seattle bakery is managed by Savannah.The bakeries are the most conventional money generators in her opinion. Unlike other bakery owners, she actually goes in from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm and bakes.

Savannah still manages to be able to spend quality time with her two wonderful boys.

Kai is at the tender age of seventeen and has changed quite a bit. He's not as sweet as he used to be considering the fact that he takes advice from his uncles and goes around messing over girls. Though he continues to excel in his academics *valedictorian*, his behavior has become erratic and Savannah is worried.

On the other hand her sweet loving, ten year old Christopher, is just flourishing. He doesn't get into any drama at school and continues to dominate his academics. The girls and women swoon over him at his school because of his charming personality. Chris however feels as though there's something messing in his life, his father.

As for Savannah, she's been balancing a business and her home life. Even though she had been set up on blind dates, none of them were even close to beating Ethan. Dating wasn't even in her vocabulary at this point in her life. The only thing she cared about was her family, God, and her money!

:::::::

Seattle,WA
1287 Walberry Lane
July 21, 2025 *pretend*
The Cox Residence

"KAI ALEXANDER COX! If you don't bring your black ass down here RIGHT NOW!" Savannah shouted from the kitchen.

She had been designing a complex sixteen tier wedding cake all day and just wanted to rewind with some wine and a bubble bath. When checked the mailbox she noticed that there was Kai's report card, the one he claimed she didn't need to worry about.

After examining it a few times she was ready to beat some ass.

AP Literature: 67 (D)
AP Calculus: 78 (C)
Chemistry: 50 (F)
AP German Language/Culture: 88 (B)

Kai slowly walked downstairs from his room and sat on the counter.

"Do you want to die?" Savannah seriously asked.

Kai gave her a confusing look, knowing that would piss her off.

" I'm trying not to break your neck little boy, but I'm promise you your days are numbered. Since your thirteen birthday you think you're a grown ass man, I'm here to tell you that you're not! I don't have to spend almost $30,000 a year so you can at least have advantage for the real world. Don't you know it's hard to raise a young, black man in America? " Savannah sternly said.