Reunited? (3)

Ethan POV

"So...Chris, what's been going on in your life?" I asked nervously.

"Well considering the fact that you haven't been in my life, I've actually turned out really well. I'm considered a genius of sorts, I have skipped to the 8th grade and-".

"Woah woah, aren't you supposed to be in the 5th grade?" Ethan asked with a hint of confusion but astonishment as well.

"Technically yes, but since I've exhibit a high level of maturity and advanced skills, I'm now an 8th grader." Chris sighed and turned up the radio.

The heavy traffic made it a perfect time to ask and answer burning questions.

"I would like to say that I'm very proud of you. You're an amazing kid and destined for greatness." I said with a small smile.

"Thanks Eth- I mean dad." Chris tried to avoid eye contact with me. It's going to be a hard transition, but I'm ready to take the challenge.

"Chris can I ask you something? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." I asked and turned down the radio.

"What's it about?"

"Do you know what's going on with Kai? Like do you notice anything about him that's abnormal, behavior wise? Do you know what he does for a living? Friends? Girlfriend?".

"First of all, that was not a question. Secondly, if Kai didn't want to tell you his business, what makes you think I'm going to snitch? Thirdly, he only tells me things he thinks I can 'handle', which isn't a lot." Chris folded his arm and looked straight ahead.

"Trust me I get it... You want to be loyal to your older brother. I just want to make sure that he doesn't land in any trouble."

"Kai's a grown ass man, he can take care of himself." Chris mumbled.

This is most definitely Savannah and I child. He has the sarcasm and maturity from his mother, but his good judge of character and alertness from me.

"Now I get to ask you questions?" Chris said with a smirk.

"Shoot"

"Do you ever miss mom?"

His question really caught me off guard.

"Of course...Every single day...I regret ever leaving you guys. I know that my absence caused a rift in the home, but I'm willing to make it up." I said focusing on the road.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked Chris.

"What is it?" he said slightly annoyed.

"Your mom is the only woman I've ever loved, I mean truly loved. She...she made my life so easier and brought the joy that I so desperately needed. Without her I'm really incomplete, she's the one who got away. I'm such a fool to let a woman like that just slip away fork my life. I'm determined to get my family back, one way or another." I turned to look at Chris, he simply nodded his head.

My family is almost complete.

/

/

/

Savannah POV

For the past two days Bennie has been acting very strange, I mean stranger than normal. I can't put my finger on it, but he's most definitely up to something. A few months ago Bennie, Emily, and I took a random but relaxing trip, why the hell would he want to take another trip knowing people have lives?

He think he slick, I know his shit.

Bennie decided to come visit me in Seattle and have the boys go visit Massachusetts. I love that I can have a week to myself and finally do somethings I've had to hold off, but having Bennie here isn't really working out. He's been nagging me to go out with him to the clubs and participate in hoeish activities, which for a 38 year old mother is very inappropriate.

I agreed to have lunch with him at this new restaurant called "El Gato Bonito". Its supposed to have the most delicious Mexican-Soul Food fusion of foods. I already knew that Bennie and I would be partaking in some Kiking.

"Well sis I must say that I've been enjoying myself out here in Seattle with you, it's quite the city." Bennie said before siping some of his margarita.

"After the Ethan incident, I needed to get away from that area. Seattle offered so many opportunities for my life and my kids, here is where our heart is." I simply said.

Bennie cleaned his mouth before speaking.

"Hypothetically speaking, what if you discovered that Ethan was well and alive, and he wanted to re-enter your life, how would you handle it?"

The question really caught me off guard. What type of thoughts swarm in his crazy ass mind? My answer to the question would most definitely stay the same.

"Well I would go to prison for killing his white ass. Who the hell just leaves their family for years? Do you know the shit I've been through for the past 10 years? Being a single parent isn't easy, yet alone being a business owner is on some other next level shit. Having him around would've really taken the load off of me. Don't get me wrong I've always been able to handle being in tough situations, but sometimes it become overwhelming." I said and sipped my daiquiri.

"Well damn the answers my question, but I have one more?" He asked.

"This better be the last one?"

"Do you still love Ethan? Are you in love with him?". He asked.

" Ethan was the only guy that has ever showed me the right kind of attention.He knew exactly how to treat and please me, in every way. He was there for me even when I didn't ask him to be. Never once did he judge me or treat me like less than the queen I am. You know those dreams you have where you fantasize about your ideal guy and family, well Ethan was just that. Until the day he decided to break my heart into a million pieces, by leaving our family.

So to answer your question, I still love him...to a certain extent." I said and finished my drink, trying not to cry.

The one that got away!

To Be Continued...