Gone

*This the SEQUEL to " THE GREY AREA" you just DEFINITELY read that before this one!*

/////////////////////////////////////

Westford, MA
1738 Diamond St.
July 25, 2025
Nathan's House

Ethan arrived in his hometown a few days ago but couldn't visit any of his family until he was officially cleared. He was anxious to see what had changed.

He checked himself out of the motel and loaded up his rental truck. His first stop was his brother's house. Ethan pulled up to the house and sat in the car for a few minutes. Nervous wasn't the word to describe his feelings,maybe worried.

He cut the engine and walked out. Taking deep breaths and fixing his clothes, he rung the door bell. He was about to ring the bell again but the door opened. It was his oldest niece, Olivia, the look on here face was priceless.

"Ahhhhhhhh OMG!" She screamed and hugged her uncle.

Nathan was inside cooking when he heard the bloody scream. He dropped the spoon and ran toward the front door.

" Olivia I'm coming! I swear to God if you lay a hand on my daughter I will--" Nathan stopped talking when he saw his brother.

Nathan had to do a double take, he couldn't believe that his brother was alive. He definitely had some explaining to do.

They were both in loss for words and could only hug each other.

"You have so much explaining to do you bastard!" Nathan whispered into his brother's ear.

Nathan didn't want to draw a lot of attention because his neighbors are most definitely messy.

"Ethan do you mind if we went somewhere to talk?"

Ethan agreed and started driving.

"The fuck Ethan! How the hell could you just leave us like that? We all thought your ass was dead man! You don't know the emotional stress you put on your family, especially Savannah!"

Ethan stopped the truck in the middle of the road.

" Look I want to tell you what happened but I can't. It's very confidential and will open a can of worms. Just know that I never meant to hurt any of you, my past mistake caught up with me." Ethan said trying to diffuse the situation.

Nathan scoffed.

"Dude just tell me where you were. I'm not going to get angry or expose you. I'm your little brother for god sakes!"

Ethan knew that he could trust his brother, it was the fact that he couldn't trust others. Maybe ten years ago you could get away with saying or doing certain things, but now everything is under surveillance.

"Do you remember that time I left for the military?"

Nathan gave an confused look.

"Which time are we talking about? 9/11 or ten years after that?"

"I'm talking about the first time. When I signed up for the military I thought that I would be saving this fucked up country. There were some things that happened during those four years I was gone. Horrific acts against innocent civilians that I don't want to discuss. Anyway I did my basic training and was recruited for a special task force.
Everything was going fine, I was one of top ranking officers and highly paid. I finished my tour and came back home."