Reunited? [1]

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Ethan POV

"Basically the plan is to only let me see my boys and not Savannah?" I asked.

We've been trying to create a plan in order for me to see my family, but it hasn't really went well. Nathan suggested that I just write Kai and Chris a letter and ask if they would like to see me. Bennie suggested that he would surprise Savannah with another trip and have the boys come back to Westford to visit.

I'm not trying to be a pessimist but every time I try to do something right, it always goes to hell. Both plans are actually good, but I have a feeling they're going to backfire.

"Ethan you have to realize that you don't have many options, either you choose plan A or B. Think about it, the longer you procrastinate the worst the situation will get. Those boys aren't getting any younger and they're both suffering because of your absence in their life. You need to make this right!" Bennie said and gave me a pleading face.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and will do anything to protect them but I just have a bad feeling about this "reunion".

"Bennie just make sure that nothing goes wrong, if it does I'm beating your ass!"

"Ain't nobody worried about your white ass, we all know you going to be to busy spending with your kids to get mad." Bennie chuckled.

//////////

One week Later...

"Ethan the kids will arrive in the morning and Nathan will pick them up  from the airport and drop them off at Bertha's. After they have settled in, Bertha will call you to let you know it's time to go over there." Bennie texted
me the plan for tomorrow.

My phone almost slipped out of my hand because of my sweaty palms. Nervous wasn't the word to describe how I'm feeling right now. It's been a long time since I've seen Kai (not really because I did go all incognito at the bakery) and this will be my first time seeing Chris.

I hope everything goes as planned.

///////////

Bertha called an hour ago saying that the boys were settled in and that now is the time to go over there. I've been sitting in traffic for the past 30 minutes which isn't helping with my nerves. Her house is literally 2 minutes away but there is some "hipster" protest going on that is blocking the street.

Just my luck.

After waiting an additional ten minutes, I pulled into Bertha's driveway. Unbuckling my seatbelt was easy, but I couldn't leave the car. Something was holding me back from embarking on this situation that could either hurt or save my family.

"Fuck it!" I heavily sighed and hopped out the truck. I looked around making sure that no one was following me, being in the military and having lived the life I have, being paranoid was a side effect.

Knocking on the door really caused my anxiety to get the best of me. After waiting a while Bertha opened the door, but not with a friendly smile.

"Look here Donald Trump, before you go talk to them children we need to have a conversation." She led me to the swing on the porch.

"Where in the hell have you been for the past 10 years? Do you know you caused a lot of damage to the family?" Bertha angrily asked while lighting her cigarette.

"Listen it's a long story that I really don't feel like going over. I know that I caused some mayhem over the years, but it was never intentional. I'm not here to explain myself to you Bertha, I just want to see my damn kids. Plus why the hell does it matter to you?" Annoyed wouldn't be the word to describe my feelings.

"Oh sweetheart let's not start shit with me today. The reason why I'm so concerned about the situation is that I was the one who made sure that Savannah and them kids were alright. If it wasn't for Bertha, Savannah would've probably lost her sanity. I'm always the one picking up the pieces after the men she love decide to fuck her over. So that's why it's my motherfucking business."

Her words really struck a chord in me. Am I really like Nino and her father? If I re-enter her life, would she just fall apart?

"Like I said I never meant to hu-" Bertha cut me off.

"We'll save the explanation for another time, just go inside and reunite with your boys. They're in Kai's old room." I mouthed "thank you" and entered the home.

Everything looked the same expect for the brand new 50" flat, smarty TV in the living room above the fireplace. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. The walk up the stairs seemed like eternity and the hallway was no better. I finally made to the room and hesitated to open the door, until Bertha's words replayed in my mind.

"Either now or never!" I whispered to myself and slowly opened the bedroom door.

Kai sitting on the bed doing something with his phone and Chris was comfortably on the ground playing the Xbox.

They never once looked up. I guess it's time to make my presences known.

"What's good?" I nearly yelled with my booming voicing.

They quickly turned around to my direction and looked back at each other.

Kai dropped his phone and started walking towards me. I took of my hat and glasses to reveal my atrocious appearance.

"The fuck are you doing? Who the fuck are you? Do you think this shit is fucking funny?"

Before I could answer, I felt a strong force collide with my jaw and caused me to fall back.

Chris took out his phone and snapped a photo of me.

Kai was ready to kill and I understand his issue, but it the way he's trying to handle it isn't correct.

Before I could get up, he continuously punched me in my face with a knuckle brass.

"OL

BITCH

ASS

NIGGA!"

He hollered and continued to punch on me.

/
/
/
/
/
:
/
/
/
:/To Be Continued...