Shade

Few months later...

Savannah POV

"YESSSSS...DEEPER! RIGHT THERE PAPI!" I screamed after having my third orgasm.

This was the very first time in a long time that I've actually "enjoyed" myself. Last night was the perfect moment to bring out my inner freak. Who would've thought that an innocent dinner, would turn into making passionate love?

"Damn girl you put it DOWN last night!" He said and started kissing my neck.

"I'm great at everything I do." I said and slipped out the bed to go take a shower.

As I was washing my hair, the door opened and he began to sing.

"Coffee in the morning
I don't wanna wake you
I just wanna watch you sleep
It's the smell of your hair
And it's the way that we feel
I've never felt comfortable like this..."

"Damn my baby can sing." I said to myself.

I started washing my body and felt a pair of heavy hands on my lower body.

"What do you want?",I asked playfully.

"You should already know the answer to that. But we both have work today, so that'll just have to wait until tonight." He seductively whispered in my ear and began sucking on it.

A few moments later we finished showering and began getting ready for today.

I finished putting on my daily makeup and walked down the hall to Chris's room. Usually he would be up by now, but he was coming down with a stomach virus. I opened the door to his room and found him peacefully sleeping.

"Aww my poor baby." I cooed and gently rubbed his back, trying not to wake up.

I decided to come back to check up on him before going to work. Gently closing his door, I walked to Kai's room. He always locks his door for some strange reason, even though he knows I have a key. For some strange reason, the door wasn't locked this morning.

I opened the door to find a note on the floor.

"I went out last night with a few friends and came around 2. Due to your inappropriate need to have sex in the house when your children are present, I decided to go next door to Tyler's. I'll be back in time to take care of Chris.".

This little boy has the audacity to "check me", when I'm the one paying ALL THE BILLS and making sure his behind SUCCEEDS. I will most definitely "check" him tonight then.

I quickly left the room and went downstairs to find my boo fixing breakfast. How could I be so lucky to find a guy like this?

"Here you go baby, the coffee is already in the mug and your food will be done in a minute. Also I made some soup for Chris to have throughout the day, it's an old family recipe." He said and we were kissing until we heard someone clearing their throat.

"Don't y'all gotta go to work or something?" Kai asked with a look of disgust.

"Don't start that mess today, it's too early in the morning for the bickering between you two." I said shooting darts at both Kai and Marcus.

Marcus and I met a few months after Ethan's disappearance and ever since we've been close. Recently we decided to further our relationship and now we're dating exclusively. Everyone in my family likes him expect for Kai. Kai has always been protective over me, especially when it comes to men. The only guy he approves is Ethan.

There wasn't an issue when Marcus and I were friends, but ever since we started dating, Kai has just hated him. On countless occasions I've asked Kai what the issue was, but he always says "Don't worry about all that, this relationship is just temporary.". I just want them to respect each other.

"Where were you last night?" Marcus asked Kai as he made plates.

"The fuck you worrying about for, nigga you ain't my father. You don't run shit in this house, especially not me. If your name isn't Savannah Anita Cox-Mcdonugh, then don't fucking TALK TO ME!" Kai yelled and smiled at Marcus.

"No I'm not your dad. Wait a minute. Let's get him on the phone and see what he does... Oops I forgot, your birth daddy in prison and your other daddy just disappeared, which shows me that both niggas never really gave a FUCK ABOUT YOU. So, who would you like me to call?" Marcus calmly said and sipped his coffee.

Kai and I couldn't believe what Marcus had just said. Usually when they get into arguments, I'm the one who ends them before it gets to serious. This time I couldn't even understand what had transpired.

"Marcus can I see you in the living room, NOW?" I yelled and told Kai to go check up on Chris.

"Bitch ass nigga." Kai mumbled when Marcus left.

Marcus took a seat on the couch, while I stood in front of him.

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?" I asked with so much anger.

*Silence*

"SO NOW YOU GIVING ME THE SILENT TREATMENT? I ASKED YOUR BLACK ASS A QUESTION.WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH MY SON?"
I was 2 inches away from his face.

"I don't have a problem with Kai, he just needs to learn how to respect authority. Since he wanted to act like a man, I had to treat him like a man. Now if what I said offended you, well then I'm sorry. Kai just acts like he's entitled to shit. Just know I'm not apologizing for what I said to him." Marcus said and tried to walk away.

"You don't ever speak to him that way! You already know what he's been through and how he feels about that topic. Kai's the type of boy who doesn't like being told what to do, but in order for him to even hear you out, you need to come at him a better way." I said trying not to choke the shit out of Marcus.

"Alright, I'll talk to him after work." He quickly said and pecked my lips before leaving.

I checked the time and I have five minutes to spear before leaving for work. I quickly ran upstairs and walked to Chris's room. Chris and Kai were watching cartoons and Kai looked at me before returning his attention to the tv.

"Hey baby boy, how do you feel this morning?" I asked Chris while feeling his forehead.

"Well I had to throw up this morning and I feel like I have to take a huge dump." He said trying to get comfortable.

"I wish I could stay here and take care of you but mommy has to work."

After making sure he was ok, I pulled Kai to the hallway.

"Listen, what Marcus told you was utterly disgusting and disrespectful, but you need to learn how to respect him. The way you talk to people most of the time is very uncalled for. Nobody will ever replace Ethan, but I'm truly happy. Can you already be cordial with Marcus for me?" I asked with puppy dog eyes.

"I guess since your my mom." He said like it hurt him to do it.

"Well I have to head out but I'll see y'all when I get home." I kissed Kai on the forehead and went downstairs to retrieve my belongings.

I locked the front door and walked to my car. Before getting in, I saw a mysterious grey truck slow down in front of the house. The Windows were tinted, so I couldn't see who was inside. I guess they saw me and quickly drove off.

"Who the hell was that?" I said to myself and hopped in my car trying to mentally prepare myself for a long day at work.

TO BE CONTINUED...