21 Questions...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KAI POV

Flashback:

December 2023

"Kai can you go check the mailbox?" My mom asked me.

I put on my Nike Slides and grabbed the keys from the table. I opened the door and the strength of the chilly wind almost knocked me out. I quickly shut the front door and carefully walked to the box, hoping that I wouldn't buss my ass from the ice on the ground.

Opening the mailbox to the see the usual: Bills, Bills, Junk mail, A Letter.

I closed the mailbox and ran back inside to the warm atmosphere.

"What was in there?"

"Just the usual..."

I laid the Mail on the kitchen table but slid the letter in my pocket. I went upstairs to my room to have some privacy.

The letter didn't have a return address or name.

Dear Kai,

You probably don't remember me at all, but I'm your father, Nino. I've been locked up for the past 8 years for some petty crimes. The reason why I'm contacting you is because I want to try to build a relationship with you. I bet your mother probably said that I was a "deadbeat" and a "psychopath", I'm simply a BOSS! I can't have no white man raising my son... You need to come and visit me!

If you can't come visit me at least meet my side of the family. If y'all ever go visit New Orleans, try to sneak out and go see your Uncle Rell. I know you probably tired of depending on others and would like to make ya own hustle. Hit up Rell and see what type of opportunities he got for ya.

                                  Be Safe Youngblood!

//////////////://////:////////////

Seattle,WA
August 10,2025

Sometimes I feel like packing a bag with only my precious possessions and just driving far away from here. Maybe to New Mexico or Miami, somewhere that I don't have to deal with bullshit all the time.

Don't get me wrong I love my family but sometimes I get stressed out to the point where I want to say "fuck it all", but I know that I can't just walk out of my mother's life, like the other men who claimed they loved her.

The only person I can really blame is myself for the predicament I'm in, didn't nobody force me to sell drugs, I choose to be naïve and got hooked up in the "game". Even though the money is beyond good, I can't do this for the rest of my life.

I definitely need to reevaluate my life and see what or who needs to be out.

:::::::

"Kai... Maya called earlier... She said it was urgent!" Moms yelled from downstairs.

I haven't talked to Maya since summer. It's not like I'm avoiding her on purpose, it's just the fact that I'm not ready to be a father.

Should I FaceTime her or call?

*ring ring*

"Hey Kai I really need to talk to you."

Usually, she'll say "hey baby" this conversation must be serious.

"What's wrong ma? Is it with the baby?"

*silence*

"Maya what's wrong?"

"I... I don't know how to say this... The baby isn't yours..."

I dropped the phone.

"Baby look I'm sorry! I never meant to hurt you, I was just looking for something new. Hello? ... Hello!"

I heard her trembling voice through the speaker. This shit must be a prank...where is Ashton Kutcher ol ugly ass. Maya wouldn't dare cheat on me.

"Maya stop playing mane. You take shit to far."

"Kai this isn't a joke... The baby isn't yours, I'm sorry."

I could tell by the seriousness in her voice that she wasn't playing.

"So if the baby ain't for me who the fuck is for?"

*silence*

" Motherfucker do you think I'm playing with you? Huh? If I was like these other niggas out here I would've bussed you upside ya head!"

Maya cries grew louder, I have no sympathy at this moment.

"I... I cheated on you with this guy who's a college junior at UCLA, we met at a house party and kicked it. Baby I just want to have a relationship with you and only you.

Can you forgive me?"

*silence*

"Mane Fuck You! Don't CALL ME, don't TEXT ME, better yet act like I'm DEAD!"

*dead line*

What the hell I'm going to do now?