A Sinful Confession

A man walks into a Catholic church, dressed in all black, dark shades, and scars all over his face. A few disgusted looks from members of the choir doesn't seem to surprise him. He heads for the confession room, wanting to forget and brings some forgiveness of his sins. He removes his baseball cap but nothing more.

"Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It's been ten years since my last confession.", the man says with his head hanging low.

The priest places his phone in a cubby and says, "May God the Father of all mercies help you make a good Confession."

The man coughs a bit, a few sniffles and proceeds to confess away. "I have killed a few men, robbed a few, even tortured a few."

Taken aback was not the best words to describe the priest's reaction, nonetheless, he continued, "I see..."

The man removes the mint flavored gum packet from his pants pocket and places a slice in his mouth. The chewing begins to annoy the priest, the man pops the gum a few times and proceeds with, "Oh my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee. I detest all of my sins because of Thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, who are all good and deserving of all of my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin. Amen."

The priest says the final words, "God the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of His son, has reconciled the world to Himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. May God bless you."

Usually, at this point, the confessor can be seen walking away from the room, feeling guilt free but knowing they will eventually sin again. However, our friend decided to stay around for a little while longer. 

The priest leaves his side of the room and walks towards his office in the back of the church. The man follows the priest, slowly pulling out a gun. Soft jazz music fills the background of the office, the priest begins to change into casual clothes. The man silently walks into the room and shuts the door. The priest, startled, backs into a corner of the room and reaches for the phone but it falls on the ground. 

"You know father, my brother always told me to 'watch out for priests, a bunch of sick fucks'. I never believed him because you'll are supposed to be men of God...not a bunch of sick bastards.", the man said while screwing the silencer in the gun. 

Without warning, a bullet entered the priest's body, a headshot. 

The pulled a burner phone out of his coat pocket and made a phone call.

"Yeah, boss it's done...what do you want me to do with the body?", the man asked and looked back at the lifeless body. 

"Don't worry about that Ethan you're done for the day, head home and get some rest," Bateman said. Ethan ended the call, turned the volume up on the turntable and made his way out of the church.

This was his life now, a killer.