Reunited [4]

\

\

\

Omniscient POV

Kai knew that he was going to regret the day he decided to work for Nino and Rell. His monthly tasks were usually near death experiences for himself and always ended up in someone dying, but the money was good.

Kai really doesn't have many friends, but he has many associates most of them wants him dead. Tank is Kai's best friend and right hand man. Both are the biggest douche bags and smart asses of their generation. Once Kai started dealing, Tank decided to lend a "helping hand".

Kai already had planned to take a trip to Massachusetts, but not for personal use. Rell needed Kai to handle a business deal for him while he worked out some plans for the release of his brother, Kai was unaware of this.

Ethan's plan for spending time with Chris was the perfect distraction. Tank was already in Dorchester by his grandma's house. All Kai had to do was convince Bertha to let him leave the house.

"Wassup auntie." Kai said with a fake smile.

"What the hell your bad ass want? I know you ain't just come here to say hello." She said.

"Listen, I wanted to into the city and go meet up with one of my childhood friends for a few hours, can I go?"

Bertha stopped cleaning her chitlins and turned to look at her great nephew, she knew he was up to no good.

"Look here, you're almost 18 years old which means you'll soon be a 'man'. The way I see if you wanna end up like your no good father, go ahead." She puffed her cigarette.

"It ain't even like that...I'm just going hang out with one my niggas. We good boys auntie, we never get in trouble." He smirked and grabbed the rental car keys.

"Crazy bastard...just like his father!" Bertha mumbled to herself while cleaning the chitlins.

Kai opened the front door and realized that it was actually freezing, but he didn't have time to go get his coat. His sweatshirt, hat, and boots would have to do. Once inside the car he wanted to make sure that his phone was on silence, he didn't want any disruptions during the meeting.

He started up the car and waited for it to hear up, which didn't take long. The radio was turned down but still audible, he didn't care to change the stations. Without another minute to waste, he backed out of the driveway and sped off.

A normal drive from Westford to Boston was about 50 minutes, but if you add on heavy traffic due to idiots not paying attention and causing accidents, well you may be stuck from anywhere to an hour or 3. The drop off was scheduled for 1:00 it was 12:45. Kai knew the only way he was going to make there in time, was if he risked his life.

Kai surprisingly had enough room to back up the car and swiftly did a
u-turn. He had to increase the speed every minute in order to make it to his destination. The phone began to vibrate and he knew it was Tank calling to ask about his whereabouts. He took a look at the clock which read 12:52. He took a sharp right turn unto the backroad which leads to the warehouse. Kai parked the car next to Tank's and hopped out, not leaving his phone.

The look on Tank's face was beyond pissed.

"The fuck dude? Do you know how close you were to getting both of us killed? Your ass been off your agame for the pass few months. You can not fuck up this deal, especially this one." Tank yelled.