Confrontation [2]

The door bell ranged several times before anyone decided to open the door. Savannah was greeted by a nervous Bennie who was sweating bullets, despite the apartment feeling like a freezer. Savannah knew that something was off the minute Kai decided to just up and leave with no explanation. She was going to get the honest truth today, even if she had to whoop someone's behind.

"Where the hell is Kai and my grandson? Don't even think about lying to be Bennie, I know his ass was here.", Savannah barked at her brother who continued to stay silent. She knew that Bennie was hiding more than her son's whereabouts.

"Savannah I think you should sit down for this.", Bennie slowly said and brought his sister to the living room. There she saw Kai with her Luca, Toni, and Denise all sitting down with nervous looks on their faces. She grabbed Luca and sat on the loveseat adjacent of Kai, "What the hell is going on?", she asked with bass in her voice. Kai knew that his mother deserved to know the truth, but he was scared that once Ethan walked out that door all hell was going to break loose.

"Kai what in the hell has been going on with you recently? You've been acting really strange and it's not like you. Then you up and just leave with no explanation, I'm not feeling any of this at all.", Savannah said and brushed Luca's hair with her hand. Kai couldn't even answer his mother, he knew that if he tried to explain himself she would still be hurt. "I'm just trying to find myself, that's all", he said all nonchalantly, but Savannah wasn't buying it. Toni decided that it was best for Luca to take his nap before he got cranky, which was half true.

She cuddled Luca and brought him into the spare room where Ethan was. "Do you think I should go out there?", he said and Toni gave him a pitiful look, "I don't think any of us is ready for what's about to occur, but it needs to happen sooner or later.", she said and patted his back. Ethan began pacing up and down as if determined to wear out a thin trail on the carpet, he stared down at his own socked feet. His eyes were large and watery and as he paced he constantly punched one hand into the other. He knew that it was either now or never.

Ethan opened the door and could hear arguing coming from the living room. Even though the hallway wasn't long, the walk felt like an eternity with every step he took. He reached the living room and no one even seemed to notice him. Kai and Savannah were going back and further about responsibility. Once Ethan laid his eyes on his wife, he knew there was no going back. In the midst of the argument, Savannah turned her head and nearly collapsed, there was Ethan...in the flesh.

"Is this some type of sick fucking joke? Huh? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?", Savannah said with so much pain her voice. Bennie tried to grab her but she pushed him away, causing him to fall down. "Don't fucking touch me you bastard! You know about this the whole time...DIDN'T YOU?!", she yelled at him and turned around to face Ethan who just looked at her. As much as she tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from her throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Everything was gone. The last painful emotion slammed against her before she lost the feeling of feeling.

Without warning Savannah slapped Ethan, the slap was as loud as a clap and stung his face. It had been an open-handed smack and it had left a red welt behind. Just below his eye was a small cut where her engagement ring had caught him. He didn't move at all, just continued to stare at Savannah with an unreadable expression. Savannah backed away from Ethan and wiped her tears with her shaky hands.

"Fuck you, Ethan...FUCK YOU!", she barked and there was an echo that followed. Kai started to walk toward his mother, but she quickly put up her hand to stop him.

"I don't know what the hell is going on but I'm not going to stay around to find out.", Savannah said and turned to face Kai, "Since you think you're grown you can move out of my house and raise Luca all on your own.", she said coldly.

Ethan tried to grab Savannah but she yanked her arm away and left out the apartment.

"This isn't even the hard part." Ethan mumbled and walked back to where Luca was.

"There's more to come, this is just getting started.", Kai said and went for the liquor cabinet.