Reunited? [2]

Recap:

Kai was ready to kill and I understand his issue, but it the way he's trying to handle it isn't correct.

Before I could get up, he continuously punched me in my face with a knuckle brass.

"OL

BITCH

ASS

NIGGA!"

He hollered and continued to punch on me.

/

/

/

Omniscient POV

"Ahhhhh" Ethan growled once he got control over the situation. He blocked Kai's hits and pinned him against the wall.

"IT'S ME Ethan! Don't you remember?" Ethan asked with concern.

Kai was trying to get loose from Ethan's grip, not wanting to face the truth.

"Yeah bitch I remember you, YOU the WHITE BASTARD that left my mother and her two kids for TEN years! I can't believe I considered you MY FATHER, no real dad is going to leave THEIR FAMILY." Kai said with so much pain in his voice, a tear escaped.

Ethan released his grip on Kai and took a step back.

"What have I done?" Ethan questioned himself.

"Yo Chris go downstairs by auntie for me." Kai demanded with a surprisingly calm tone.

Chris sighed and grabbed one of his books before leaving the intense situation.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?" Kai yelled.

"I WANT my FAMILY back! I haven't seen y'all in TEN YEARS, do you honestly believe I would deliberately try to hurt you guys?" Ethan said trying to not to cry.

Kai looked away to wipe the tears, falling from his eyes which were filled with pain. He knew that Ethan was right, but didn't want to accept it.

"Look I can't change all the shit that has happened over the years, but I will most definitely prevent anything to happen to ya'll now. Your mother and brother and you are the only family I truly have. It's been ten years of fucking hell and I'm here to be the FATHER and HUSBAND I was supposed to be.

If you want to act and be treated like a 'grown ass man', let's have that conversation right now." 

Kai slowly turned around to look at Ethan, they both had some explaining to do.

::::::::::::::

"Why the fuck are you working for Nino and his brother?" Ethan asked as he took sip of his beer.

Kai and Ethan decided to both hear each other and needed some privacy so they went back to Ethan's house. The day had been eventful, but this conversation was just the beginning.

"In order to become a man you need to make a hustle, so I choose to do it the fast way. You acting like you never dibbled and dabbled in illegal shit." Kai said nonchalantly.

"Of course I did but, that's because it was my only chance of SURVIVING, your ass has been spoiled since BEFORE you were born!

Kai lets just be honest here, YOU AIN'T  BOUT THAT LIFE! Period Point Blank!" Ethan said before laughing.

Kai mean mugged Ethan and was about to respond but his phone began to ring. It was Chris.

K: "Yo, Chris is everything ok?"

C: "No not exactly..."

K: "Are you going to tell me or do I need to take a guess?"

C: " It's an EMERGENCY! Please come quick!

K: "Tell me what's going on!"

C: "I want some McDonalds."

....

C: "Hello...HELLO!"

K: "Lil nigga have you lost your rabbit ass mind? I'm thinking something serious is going... Like your life is in DANGER! Why do you do that stupid shit? Your black ass is the modern day Pinocchio. "

C: "Yeah whatever, but seriously I'm starving over here. Auntie Bertha is fixing them nasty chitlins which she knows that no one else eats but her. Can you please pick me up some food?"

K: "Let me finish up over here by Ethan and then I'll go get us something to eat. Then we have to have a 'man to man' convo, sounds like a plan?"

C: "I'm cool with that... Bye!"

"Leaving so soon?" Ethan asked Kai while stretching.

"Yeah Chris complaining about being hungry, you know how kids are." Kai grabbed his coat from the rack.

"I was wondering if you guys wanted to spend time out in the city tomorrow... You know like a father-sons day?" Ethan asked with a hopeful tone.

Kai really wanted to try to rebuild his relationship with Ethan, but business has to be taken care of first.

"You know what, how about you and Chris spend sometime together? It would really mean a lot to him to get to know more about his dad and vice versa. You guys have way more catching up to do, than you and I."

Ethan could tell that Kai was hiding something, but decided to let it go.

"I would love that..."

///////////////

Next Day

"Listen to me Chris, be on your BEST behavior today. Don't go running off or being sneaky... Ok?" Kai gave Chris a stern look.

"I know, I know!"Chris sighed and walked to Ethan's car.

"I'll have him back before 8:00!" Ethan said to Kai.

Kai nodded his head and waved them off.

"Hustle time!"

$

$

$

To Be Continued...