The Memories

Flashback

"The drama popped off on the yard after the basketball game between B-more and New York. That gump [gay man] whopped that motherfucker's ass. Told him he could suck his dick." Leroy said to his bunkmate while they were playing spades in their cell."Yo man, what's been going on with your side business?" Leroy asked.

"I got dude going in the VI [visiting room] and getting an OZ [an ounce of weed] in for me. It's already wrapped up and sent to his people. All he has to do is go to the bathroom and keister it." The quiet inmate whispered.

Before Leroy could ask another question, a correctional officer unlocked the cell and walked in. 

"Prisoner JA8941, your visitor is here, please follow me and proceed to the visitation room." The guard said.Leroy gave his bunkmate a suspicious look but remained quiet. The quiet inmate looked at the officer in confusion.

The quiet inmate wasn't expecting any visitors until next week he thought to himself. If this was a "setup", he was ready for anything. He threw the cards down and walked out the cell to be shackled. The walk from his cell block to the visitation room was about a three-minute walk, depending on how athletic you were. But to the inmate, this walk felt more like thirty minutes.

The guard unlocked the door and allowed the inmate to walk in. Usually the room would be filled with other prisoners and their loved ones, but instead, there was only one person sitting in the far right corner. The inmate grew suspicious as the guard unlocked the cuffs and quickly left out the room, making sure to lock the door.

The inmate slowly walked over to the table to be greeted by a familiar face.

"How you doing son?" The inmate said to the young man as he sat across from him. The guy didn't answer but he began to play with his hands. "So now you can't talk or something?" The inmate roared which didn't get the guy's attention at all. Without warning the inmate stood up and grabbed the boy by his neck and began choking him.

"Motherfucka let me explain something to you: I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO SHOULD BE HAVING A FUCKING ATTITUDE RIGHT ABOUT NOW! I'M THE ONE WHO GOT TO DEAL WITH THESE PUSSY ASS NIGGAS IN HERE EVERYDAY! I'M THE ONE WHO GOTS TO RUN BUSINESS FROM THE INSIDE BECAUSE APPARENTLY MY FAMILY CANT DO IT! ISN'T THAT RIGHT KAI?" Nino yelled while Kai began to kick and hit his father."Lil nigga I asked yo ass a question: How you doing son? If you want me to let you go all you have to do is answer the fucking question." Nino nearly whispered as Kai started to claw at Nino's face."I-I'm...d-doing...f-fine." Kai weakly said. Nino being the asshole he is, decided to toy with Kai. "I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that, repeat it for me." Nino said with a devilish smirk.Kai was starting to lose consciousness and used all his strength to end this. "IM DOING FINE NINO!" Kai semi-yelled and a satisfied Nino let Kai go.

Kai continued to catch his breath as his father took a seat  across from him, once again. "Why you came down here? I know this ain't no personal visit." Nino said and placed a toothpick in his mouth."They got some niggas looking for you...it ain't looking so good for you." Kai said without looking at Nino.

Nino's laugh echoed in the large room.

"No es nadie fuera para mí, no tengo ninguna putos enemigos." (Ain't nobody out to get me, i don't got no fucking enemies). Nino said and continued to laugh.

"I don't find that shit funny Nino, them niggas came to my momma's house and put a gun to my head, luckily nobody was home except for me," Kai said and instead of hearing silence, the laughter grew louder and louder.