Chapter Three

"W-What is it?" I asked, My breathing starts to go fast.

"We ran a few tests and i'm sorry to tell you that..... you have Leukemia" I think my heart stops. I heard my brother and my mam crying in the room but I stared blankly at the doctor. not a tear fell down my eyes. I felt nothing.

"I'm sorry...but there's nothing we can do" He said sadly. I think my world has fallen apart. 

"H-How long will I live?" I croaked looking away from the doctor and staring blankly at the ceiling.

"With my studies so far.... four months I'm so sorry I'll leave you and your family".And with that he left. I can only hear sobs in the room. I stared at the ceiling not really knowing what i'm feeling. Yesterday I was happy and fine. Today I was told that I am going to die in  four months.

Four months.

I was cut off with my thoughts when I heard the door swung open and heels clicking against the floor. I didn't bother looking to find out who is it.

"What's going on here?" her voice is full of concern. I recognize that voice. I know that's Julia. I tried my best to sit up and looked at her. She looked at me then turned to Carson and mam who were crying hysterically then she looked at me again. I looked away and that's when the tears came out.

"Carter?" She said walking towards the bed.

"I'm going to die" I whispered

"What?"

"I'm going to die" I said loudly. She pulled me and held me into her arms.

"Don't say that" her voice is shaking.

"I'm going to die" I repeated crying my heart out.

"Stop it.. Just please stop it" Carson said. I realized he stopped crying. "We will get through this" he continued.

I pulled away from Julia and turned to mam who is sitting quietly her head on her hands.

"Mam?" I said wiping my tears away. she looked up to me and hugged me crying on my shoulder. 

"Mam, stop crying. I hate seeing you cry." she doesn't answer she just hugs me tighter.

"Everything will be okay" I said not sure what I was saying. She pulled away and looked at me tears flowing down her cheeks. I raised my hand to wipe her tears away smiling to her. I was about to say something when a nurse came in the room.

"I'm sorry but visiting hours are over you can only have one person to stay here." She smiled before she left the room.

"Mam you stay here with her. I'm going home after I drive Julia to their house." He said 

"Okay, Take care" mam said

"Yea mam" he said walking over to us and giving mam a hug. He pulled away and turned to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Take care Carson" I said and he hugged me tighter. He kissed the top of my head and pulled away. He took Julia's hand and walked towards the door. He opened the door and turned to us "Bye" he turned back walking out and closed the door.

I turned to mam and looked at her. She looks tired and drained.

"Mam, Are you ok?" She didn't answer. She just looked at me and started stroking my hair. I know she wasn't okay. I know that this is hard for her but there's nothing I can do to make it better. This is hard for me too because this is my life. But I need to be strong for my family. I hugged mam then she started crying again.

"Mam I need you to be strong for me. I don't like seeing you upset." I said letting tears slide down my face." I know this is hard for you but I need you to be strong for me and Carson." she didn't say anything she's just stroking my hair. I pulled away feeling tired from crying.

"Mam you should rest . You're tired. I'm gonna sleep as well I'm tired" I said wiping my tears away. I lie down and mam sat beside me taking my hand and stroking my hair. I looked at her and she smiled at me. "Mam, will you sing us the lullaby you used to sing to us when I was a little girl?" she smiled "Okay baby"

Sun goes down, and we are here together

fireflies, glow like a thousand charms

stay with me, and you can dream forever 

right here in my arms tonight

It’s magic, when you are here beside me

close your eyes, and let me hold you tight

everything, that I could ever need is

right here in my arms tonight

Sounds of day

fade away

stars begin to climb

Melodies

fill the breeze

sweeter all the time

Sun goes down, and we are here together

fireflies, glow like a thousand charms

stay with me, and you can dream forever 

right here in my arms tonight