Chapter Nine

Xx Flashback in italic xX

"Carter, I have good news for you!" Carson said running towards the bed and sitting beside me. It's been two days after I got out from the hospital. Mam's tour is in two weeks and I'm really excited.

"What?" I asked turning to him.

"Well I've spoke to mam's crew and they decided that you can appear on the tour. Your performance will be the surprise ending."

"Oh my god really?" I said excitedly

"Yeah they decided that when mam is performing her last bit. They will hide you so mam can't see you when she's off the stage and when mam is off the stage you will be going up on stage. Mam will only know that you're on stage when you started to talk" He said 

"Carson you know that I'm only performing at the O2 and Newcastle don't you?"I asked

"Yes, I know that so we'll stay here until mam get's back and perform at the O2 then after that we'll stay at Newcastle until mam's last show" he said standing up. I stand up on the bed and hugged him.

"Oh my god, Thank you Carson. You're the best big brother in the world. I love you so much" I said 

"I love you too. don't get too excited you might accidentally tell mam. Remember this is a surprise."

"Yes I know."I said pulling away

"Okay I'm gonna leave first yeah? I have a date" He grinned. walking towards the door.

"Umm..... Wait" He stopped then turned to me.

"Can I ask you a favor?"

"What?

"Can you not tell anybody about my condition?"

"Why?" He frowned

"Just.... Please?"

"Okay" 

"Thanks" He smiled and walked out. I'm getting excited so I grabbed a pen and a paper and started writing a song that I'll sing at Newcastle. I decided that I'll sing the song I wrote at the hospital at the O2. I'm thinking of declaring my condition at Newcastle before I sing. Nobody knows that I'm declaring my condition in public soon so let's see what's going to happen. Mam's tour starts next week so she will be away for some time while me an Carson will stay here until mam gets back and after that we'll be heading to Newcastle with Granny. I don't know if my relatives know about my condition. Jane and Alex don't know about my condition they just think that I'm stressed that's why I'm getting these bad headaches and looking pale most of the time. I wanna write a song that tells everyone to not give up and just continue their life. Next week I'm gonna visit the children's hospital to cheer up some kids there. I want to do this because I like to make them happy.

-------------------

I just finished writing some songs. I glanced at the clock to see that it's already seven. I picked up my phone on the table beside the bed to see that there are no messages. I sighed and put it on the table again. I took the photoframe beside the lamp and stared at it for a while. It's our family picture. We we're so happy back then but then it changed. My dad started to drink. He always go home late and drunk. He always hit mam when he's drunk and the worst part is he always cheat. I remember the last  time he hit mam.

"Why are you being like this?" I heard mam said in their room. Dad came home late again and drunk. I can hear them fighting again.

"None of your business" Dad said. I burried my head under the pillow hoping that the voices will stop because I'm getting scared now. I can't sleep, I feel tears in my eyes. "I can't take this anymore" I thought then I got up from my bed and walked out of my room. I walked towards Carson's room and opened the door quietly. I saw him sat at the edge of the bed his hands on his head. 

"Carson?" I said and he looked up to me. "I can't sleep" I whisper then there was a loud bang coming from the other room. I jumped a little then rushed beside Carson. He put his arms around me. I'm shaking and scared. 

"Please stop" We heard mam cried from the room and that's when Carson got up.His face is full of anger. He walked ou of the room and I followed him. He opened the door and we saw dad's fist is raised and his other hand is clutching mam's top. Mam's on her kness and has blood dripping from her face. They looked at us and I just hid behind Carson holding his top. 

"YOU FU!KING ASSHOLE" Carson yelled making me jump a little then I let go. He run towards dad then punch him in the face. I run towards mam and held her in my arms. She has bruises all over her body.

"Mam it's okay we're here" I whispered to her she just smiles and closes her eyes.

"Mam please stay with us." I said shaking her. she opens her eyes. Carson is dealing with dad. they went downstairs and I heard Carson shouting then I heard the door slammed.

"Everything's gonna be alright mam. We'll take care of you from now on." I whisper to her tears sliding down my face. The door opened and Carson rushed towards us.

"Mam" He said looking at mam then he turned to me. "Is she okay?" he asked. I handed mam to Carson and saw my hand full of blood. My eyes widen 

"Carson I think we need to take mam to the hospital" I said looking at my hand then I looked to Carson who is looking to my hand.

"Oh my god, Let's go" He lift mam in his arms and we got to the car and drove to the hospital

------------------

I always hated dad but I don't know I just want to see him before I go. A part of me is telling there's no need to but the other part is missing him. I didn't want what he did to mam and now I'm still angry at him. I just can't understand my feelings.