Chapter Twenty Eight

I didn't knew I dozed off and when I woke up Dad wasn't beside me anymore and I'm not even in the front room instead I was in my bedroom. I feel so relieved that I feel much better now. I took my phone under my pillow and saw tons of text messages, missed calls and mentions in twitter asking if I was alright. My heart starts pounding as I scroll through my mentions and saw an article about me. I read over it and felt all my energy went down. I felt sick so I ran to the bathroom throwing up all the contents in my stomach. I wiped my mouth with a towel and ran back to bed collapsing on it and crying. They already know. They're so desperate to know what's happening that they even bribed my nurse to tell them what's happening. I don't know what to do and I feel like all the world is watching me and that scares me a lot. I bet they already know that my parents are dating again. They can't leave us alone. I cried and cried till I was drained. I hear voices downstairs, so many voices. I walked out of my bedroom with blotchy eyes from all the crying I've done. I walked down the stairs with my head down and all of a sudden the room became quiet. I started to tear up again and I can feel all their eyes on me. I walked towards the kitchen without looking up to them. I grab a glass of water sitting on the chair and drank it feeling numb. I rest my head on the table and begin to cry silently. I hear footsteps and I know they're coming in so I jump out of the chair and turned around pretendimg to find something to hide my tears from them.

"Carter" I hear Carson whispered. I didn't turn around and continue on what I'm doing.

"Yea" I said and luckily it didn't come out in a shaky tone.

"Are you okay?" I stopped and went back to the same position before Carson walked in. I rested my head on the table and hanging my arms to my side and started to cry again. I felt arms around me comforting me.

"It's gonna be okay, we're here" He reassured me. I hugged him and cried.

"I'm really really scared" I sobbed.

"Sssshhh, We are here for you. I promise I'll protect you" He whispered. Then we heard footsteps again and this time there were many. I looked over the door and saw them all. Mam, Dad, Nan, Uncle Garry, Auntie Kimberley, Auntie Nadine, Auntie Nicola and Auntie Sarah giving me all sympathetic looks so I looked away. Mam came over to us and hugged me. I hugged her back but I didn't release my grip on Carson's t shirt.

"Everything will be alright" Mam said but suddenly my bad attitude came back. I stood up and walked over to the door but turning around before I walked out.

"You keep telling me everything will be alright when that's not even going to happen." I said and with that I ran to the studio and locked myself in it. This is where I often go when I'm extremely down. I feel like I'm all alone in this world. I regret acting like that just a while ago because if I didn't walk out, I'd be in mam's arms and all of them will be comforting me but then I did it again and I ruined it again. I can't breath from all the crying. I lay my back against the floor and stare at the ceiling steading my breath but minutes past I felt tired again and my eyes got heavy and I eventually fell asleep.