Chapter Twenty

I woke up in my room feeling a bit better than last night. I took my phone to see tons of messages but ignore them and just read it later. I'm gonna ring Liam, we haven't talk for ages now. It rings twice then I hear a voice. And it's not his voice. It's a female's voice.

"Hello?" My eyes widen and my heart stops.

"Who's this?" I asked my voice shaking.

"I'm Liam's girlfriend, who are you?" She said. That hurt. My anger build up inside.

"I'm Carter, his girlfriend" I whispered. Then I heard voices in the background then I hear a familiar voice on the other line.

"Carter?, babe?" He disgust me. He already cheated on me then he has a nerve on calling me babe.

"Babe, let me explain..." He pleaded but I cut him off.

"Explain?" My blood is boiling as few tears slodes down my cheek. "Explain what exactly? Liam you are caught in the act." I wiped my tears away. " You are cheating on me"

"Babe I didn"t mean to... I was drunk-"

" That's what my father always says... and don"t call me babe... Cause we're over." I hang up on him and buried my face on my pilliow crying. I guess history repeats itself. Now I know what mam felt when dad cheated on her. My heart shattered into million pieces. I heard my phone ringing but I ignored it. I hate him and he disgust me. He just slept with another girl what an asshole. I cried until I got tired from it so I went to the bathroom and go for a shower. After that, I changed my clothes. I can't still remove from my mind the conversation I had with the girl and Liam. It makes me wanna cry again. I wiped my tears so that it's not obvious that I cried. I went downstairs and went to the kitchen to see mam having breakfast.

"Morning mam" I said. kissing her on her cheek. she smiled and looked at me intently. I notice Carson osn't with us.

"Mam, where's Carson?" I asked. my voice is shaky.and I'm playing with my food. Honestly, I lose appetite because of what I've heard earlier.

" He has a shoot babe" She said frowning. I smiled weakly to her then continue playing with my food.I  know mam is watching me this whole time.

"Carter, Are you okay?" Mam asked holding my hand making me look at her. I just nodded my head but she looked at me.

"Have you been crying" and that's it I broke down covering my face with my hands.Mam stood up and went over and guided me to the front room sitting me down on the couch. I leaned on her. Suddenly,her phone rang. She took it and answered it.

"Hello?" She asked. I can't hear who's on the other line.

"What is happening? she's crying non stop"

"No"

"Oh my God. Okay thanks Lily" Then she hung up and hugged me tighter. She pulled away and faced me.

" Babe, He"s not worth it. " She said wiping my tears away. Mam's right. He's not worth it. "He"s a jerk letting go of someone like you... There are still guys out there who's worthy of your love." I smiled at her wiping my tears. I sigh loudly.

"You okay now?" she asked stroking my hair. I smiled at her and nodded.

"Come here" she said opening her arms for me. I fall in her arms.

"Thanks mam" I whispered. She stroked my hair making me relaxed in her arms. " Now I know what it feels like" I whispered. Then we heard the door opened and saw the girls walked in. They rushed towards us. I hide my face on mam's shoulder then she hugged me tighter.

" Carter..." Aunt Nadine asked touching my arm.

"Hmm?" I mumbled not looking up. I just hide my face on mam's shoulders.

"How're you feeling?" Aunt Kim asked then I remembered it again making me start to cry again. Mam hugged me tighter and kissed my head.

"I'm guessing not good" Aunt Nic whispered.Aunt Sarah walked up to us and groaned.

"Cheryl, How do you calm Carson? He's raging." She huffed. I giggled making them stop talking. Carson's very protective of me so I already know this is his reaction. I looked up from mam's wet shoulder because of my tears and smiled at them wiping my tears off.

"I'll talk to him... Where is he?" I asked standing up.

" He's in the car babe" I smiled to them and walked outside. I saw Carson in the car his head on the steering wheel. I walked up to the car and opened the door. He looked up to me and immediately hug me.

"You okay kid?" He pulled away. I just smiled at him.

"Have you calmed down now? Aunt Sarah is pissed off you know she said you won't calm down" I giggled making him smiled.

"You know I'd kill him if I have to." He said facing me. I smiled to him.

"I think I like that... but he's not worth it" He smiled stepping out of the car and locking it. He put his arms around my shoulder and we walked inside. We saw mam and the girls talking but stopped when they saw us.

"Oh so you decided to calm down now" Aunt Sarah said sarcasticly. Carson laughed and walked to Aunt Sarah and hugged her. I ran up to mam and hugged her.

"Carter" Aunt Nic said making me look at her. " We decided to have a sleepover." She grinned. I grinned at them."We'll have a movie night to cheer you up" Aunt Nadine said.

"Thanks guys, I really appreciate and I can also appreciate if I can get a hug." I grinned. They smiled at me and hugged me all at the same time making it hard for me to breath.

"I...cant... breath" They pulled away instantly. Then we heard the door bell.

"I'll get it" Carson opened the door. Then I hear voices . It's Jane and Alex.When they saw me they hugged me tight.

" Are you okay?" I smiled at them. I pulled away and notice Alex's hand is red. I instantly looked to Alex.

"What did you do?" I asked raising her hand up. She looked at Jane nervously then looked at me.

"She punched Liam" Jane said. My eyes go wide.

"What?"

"I can't help it. He hurted my best friend" She argued. I rolled my eyes at her but I hugged saying thanks.

"Now we better put some ice on that" I said going to the kitchen with Alex and Jane.

-------------------------------------------------

It's 5 in the afternoon. The girls went home to get aome clothes and movies. Mam, Carson and me decided to go to the shops to buy food for our movie night later. We arei ready but when we went out of the house, flashes of cameras are in front of us asking questions. Carson went behind us and said put our heads down. He guided me and mam through the crowd. We finally arrive at the car and got in quickly. Carson immediately started driving as soon as he got inside the car. Why can't they stop. They keep stalking us wanting to know about our personal lives. I pu that thought away and just sit closer to mam rezting my head on her shoulder. We arrived at the shops and we got in.

-------------------------------------------------

It's 8 in the evening and Aunt Nic and Aunt Nadine are choosing the movie we will watch. Liam is still calling me and texting me saying he was wrong, he was sorry lies lime that but I ignored it. I don't want anything to do with him. Finally they decided to watch the movie A Walk To Remember. I cuddled up to mam. I'm watching it but I am not really paying attention to it many thoughts are playing in my head. My life is just a big joke. I am sick and die after  four months. Now, my boyfriend cheated on me. What will be next? I don't know what will I do now. It hurts  to  live a limited life. It's like you have to fit an entire life in four months. It's not fair. I can never  experience to get married and have kids. I'll never see Carson get married and see my nephews and nieces. There are so many things I will not experience and that 's my big problem.