Chapter Forty One

Carter's P.O.V.

Carson's now asleep. He didn't drink the meds so he's probably getting a bad hangover tomorrow. I stood up and decided to leave him. I went through the closed door and walked through the hallways. I heard a door closed so I went downstairs and saw mam. I ran towards her attempting to hug her but I went through her. I looked at her. She looks a mess. The girls are asleep on the couch except for Auntie Kim who just woke up. She stood up and walked over mam. I stood there watching them as Auntie Kim pulled mam into a hug. Mam cried into her shoulder. I want to tell them that I'm still here. I want to shout for them to know that I'm here. But I can't, They can't hear me.

"Where's Ashley?" Mam whispered pulling away.

"He's still at the hospital babe, But he'll come around later." Mam nodded and noticed Auntie Kim's arm.

"What happened to this?" Mam took a hold of Auntie Kim's arm. She didn't respond and looked at mam nervously.

"Did Carson do this?" Still she didn't respond and mam sighed loudly.

"Where is he?" Mam asked letting go of Aunt Kim's arm and she sound frustrated.

"No, Carson didn't mean it. He's just hurt"

"But he shouldn't take out on you" I want to cry. I thought that everything will be alright when I leave but it's the opposite of what I was thinking. I need to fix this but I don't know how.

"Cheryl, I thinl you need some rest babe." Mam nodded and headed for the stairs.

"Will you be alright here?" Auntie Kim nodded. Mam gave her a sad smile and went upstairs. I followed her. She was walking through the hallway when she stopped in front of my room. She faced the door and was about to open the door. She hesitated at first bit then she opened it and walked in. She walked in the middle of my room and looked around. She went towards the bed and took the picture frame on the bedside table with my picture on it and held it close to her chest. She was crying again and I can't stand it. She stood up holding my picture and walked out of the room closing the door behind her. I followed her. She went to her bedroom and sat on the bed. She somehow noticed the letter on her bedside table and opened it. As she reads this tears were rolling down her cheeks. I sat by the bed beside her watching her. I blew and suddenly it got cold. I did that for her to know I'm here and she seemed to notice this.

"I know you're here baby and I really really miss you. As you asked, I'll fix myself and I promise you, we'll be okay soon" I kissed her cheek. She stood up and walked out of the room. I followed her. She stopped by Carson's bedroom and opened the door. She let out a shaky breath as she takes in the scene in front of her. She backed away walking out of the room and closing the door. She wiped her tears and coninued to walk. She opened the door of the studio and gasp when she saw Carson. She slowly walked towards him sitting infront of him.

"You really aren't gonna stop are you?" She whispered as she stroked his hair.

"If Carter would still be here, she would've scolded you" She smiled. I agree with mam, I would've scolded him. She suddenly stood up and went out of the room. I stayed there and sat on the floor knowing she will come back. She walked in the room with a pillow and a blanket. She walked over to Carson sitying infront of him and slowly lifted Carson's head slipping the pillow underneath and carefully putting it down again then she layed the blanket on top of Carson's body.

"That'll keep you warm" She whispered. I smile at this scene infront of me.

"Goodnight son. I love you" She whispered as she planted a kiss on Carson's head. It will be fine soon