Chapter Thirty Two

Carson and I are waiting for my nurse here at house. It's my schedule for a check up today. Mam and dad are not home right now cause mam has to meet up with her acts and dad has football practice so me and Carson are the only one left in the house. To be honest, Carson isn't even suppose to be here because he needs to promote his single and I keep telling him to just call Auntie Sarah to be here with me but he's really stubborn like me and didn't agree with it. So I just called Aunt Sarah myself.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Auntie Saz it's me" I said Carson's downstairs so I bet he wouldn't hear me.

"Hi,Cart. What's up?"

"Are you busy?"

"No, babe. I'm actually with the girls. why?"

"Can you stay with me here at home, Carson doesn't want to go to his show to promote his single because of me." I said.

"Okay, We're on our way"

"Thanks Auntie Sarah" I said smiling

"Anything for you sweetheart" We said our goodbyes and with that I hang up. I lay back in bed staring at the cieling realizing I'm really bored. I look around the room to find something to do when the video camera caught my eye. I suppose I can continue the film. I took it and turned it on and start to film. I faced towards me as I talk.

"Hi, so I did something that my big brother might not like. Okay, he said he wouldn't go to a show to promote his new single because he's taking care of me and I said that he can just call one of my Aunties to be with but then he disagreed. So I'm here at my bedroom and he's downstairs. But awhile ago, I called Aunt Sarah and they're on thier way here. I'm so in trouble." I stood up holding the camera and walking downstairs and into the kitchen to see Carson baking cookies wearing my pink apron making giggle.

"What're you doing?" I said giggling while filming. He looked at me frowning.

"I'm baking and what's funny?" He asked.

"You're wearing my apron" He looked at the apron his wearing and smiled.

"I know... and it suits me" He posed like a girl making me laugh. Then I hear the doorbell. They're here.

"I'll get it" I said walking out the kitchen and towards the door. I opened the door to reveal the girls but they looked at me confuse when they saw me filming.

" Hi there babe" Auntie Diney said as I step aside to let them in perfect timing for Carson to walk out of the kitchen and see the girls.

"Hey" Carson said frowning then it hit him. He looked at me as I direct the camera to him seeing his reaction.

"I'm sorry, Carson" I said softly.

"Carson you should go promote your single babe, that's important. We're gonna take care of Carter" Aunt Diney said to him. He looked at me again so I hid behind Aunt Nic.

"But..." He started but Aunt Kim cut him off.

"No buts okay. so go get your car keys and go promote the single yeah?" I looked at him she had his head down but he looked at me and giving me a look. He sighed then grabbed his car keys and stormed towards the door. As he passed by me I grabbed his hand. But because I'm not strong it made me fall but he turned around and caught me. He helped me stand up and turned to me and I can tell he's pissed off.

"What we're you thinking?" He snapped making me look to the ground. I turned off the camera.

"Carson." Aunt Sarah warned but Carson ignored her. "You could've fell" He continued.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. He sighed loudly then turn around to leave slamming the door behind him making us jump.

Silence.

I stood there staring at the floor thinking what just happen. I only came back to my senses when we heard the doorbell. The girls thought it was Carson so Aunt Kim stood up and get the door while Aunt Nic pulled me into a hug. Aunt Kim came back with a blonde woman and she looks young. I believe she's my nurse.

"Hi, I'm here to check up Ms. Cole" She smiled looking at me. The girls stood up and gestured the nurse to sit beside me. She smiled and she placed her things on the table and sitting next to me.

"Hi Ms. Cole I'm here for your check up" She smiled.

"Just call me Carter" I smiled and then she nodded. She took something out of a black bag and wrap it around my arm. I looked at the gitls and saw their worried faces.

"So... I heard you have an album coming out" The nurse said as she checkams on me making me turn to her and smile. I'm liking this girl.

"Yeah, I can't wait to release it to be honest." I smiled looking up the girls. They smiled at me.

"I'm sure it will be a hit" She smiled.

"Oh Cart, When will you finish the album?" I looked at Aunt Sarah and grinned at her.

"In two weeks" I turned to the nurse who's not smiling anymore as she removes the thing on my arm. I'm sensing it's not good.

"What... What is it?" I asked worried. She sighed and look at me sadly.

"I'm gonna schedule you for your check up with your doctor tomorrow" She said as she puts her things back in the black bag. I started to get worried.

"Why?"Aunt Kim asked. The nurse looked at thr girls then looked at me.

"Your latest blood counts are very low that's why I'm scheduling you for check up tomorrow" She said softly. I didn't know what to say. I'm getting closer. I didn't move or anything. I felt the whole world froze around me. I didn't even know that the nurse had left. All of this is all of a blur. I only came into my senses when someone hugged me so I look at my side and saw Auntie Nic hugging me. Auntie Sarah sat beside me and I can tell she's close to tears. Auntie Diney and Auntie Kim is infront of me stroking my knee. And that's when it all sinks in. I started to tear up. I bowed my head and covered my face with one hand wiping my tears. And they all hugged me.

"You'll be alright" They keep saying. Is this why I had the feeling that Carson should'nt be here... because I don't want him to know.

I pulled away from the hug and faced them. "Can you all guys not tell anyone about this?" They frowned at me. "Aunt Sarah, can you be with me when I go to the doctors tomorrow?" I turned to her she then nodded. "Please don't tell anybody about this yet please?" I asked. They looked at each other and nodded.

-------------------------------------------------

Mam, Dad and Carson finally arrived home. It's already 7 in the evening and The girls had already left. I'm not myself today. I keep zoning out still thinking about what the nurse had said earlier. We're watching a movie in the front room. Mam and dad are cuddled up on the sofa while me and Carson are sitted on coach. I'm really not paying attention to them nor the movie. I'm looking at it but my thoughts are into somewhere else. Carson seemed to noticed as he nudged me a little making me look at him.

'You okay?' I gave him a small smile and nodded turning away. I want to tell him but I just wanna know what's really going on with my body before I tell him.

"I'm tired and I'm going to bed" I said standing up and making my way to mam and dad to give them a hug. I walked up the stairs feeling a lump behind my throat. Honestly, I'm not tired at all. I just want to cry and let it out. I walked in my room locking the door behind me and collapsing yo bed letting the tears fall but then I heard a knock on the door. I quickly wipe my tears away so it don't look like that I've been crying and walk towards the door opening it to reveal Carson. I stepped aside and let him in. He sat on the edge of the bed looking at me.

"Carter, I'm sorry. with the way I acted earlier. It's not supposed to be that way and I'm so sorry" He said softly. I sat in the middle of the bed looking at him intently as I fight the urge to cry.

"It's okay, I understand" I told him. He hesitated at first but left it there and gave me a smile.

"Good night sis" He said planting a kiss on my forehead. I smiled at him. He then walked out locking the door behind him. I stared the door for a few seconds and then I broke down crying. I know I'm getting closer and there's nothing I can do.