Chapter Twelve

Carson's P.O.V.

I was woken up by Carter's voice in my room. I glanced at the clock to see that it's 2:10 am. She might be in the studio singing. I kept my eyes open while she's singing. it's a capella so I can hear the emotion in her voice. She's on loudspeaker so the whole house is hearing her. 

Waitin' on a cure

But none of them are sure

A little bit longer

And I'll be fine

A tear fell down my face. Is this what she's feeling so alone. I can picture mam crying again on the other room. She can hear her too. I got up and headed towards mam's room. I opened her door and saw her curled up on the middle of the bed crying quietly.

And you don't know what you got till it's gone

And you don't know what is like to feel so low

And every time you smile or laugh you glow

You don't even know 

No

I walked towards her and sat beside her. She looked up to me and she sat up quickly wiping her tears away. I just looked at her and open my arms. She hug me crying on my shoulder

So I wait till kingdom come

All the highs and lows are gone

A little bit longer 

And I'll be fine

I'll be fine

The song was finished but mam is still crying. I pulled away and looked at her.She bowed her head wiping her tears and looked up to me. 

"Mam are you okay?" I asked. She just nodded her head. She touched my cheek with her hands.

"You should go back to sleep" she smiled sadly then laid back to bed. I stood up and kissed her forehead then walked out of the room. I headed to the studio. I opened the door but there's nobody inside until I heard soft sobs in the room. I walked in the booth and saw Carter curled up on the corner of the booth. She's hugging her stuffed bear crying. I walked towards her and sat in front of her opening my arms. She quickly move to my arms.I hugged her tightly never letting go. We stayed like this for a while until her sobs are gone. She pulled away wiping her tears and steadying her breath. 

"Let's get you to bed" I said standing up and lifting her in my arms and carrying her. We walked through the hallway but I stopped when she talked.

"Carson put me down here please?" I do what she asked and looked at her.

"Go to bed, I'm sleeping with mam" she whispers looking at the floor. I kissed her forehead and pulled her into a hug.

"Goodnight" i said pulling away

"Goodnight Carson" she said. I walked past her walking towards my room. I turned to her and she's still standing there but her back is facing me. I sighed and walked in my room and went back to sleep.

-----------------

Carter's P.O.V.

I walked in mam's room to see that she's curled up on the right side of the bed. I know she isn't sleeping I can feel it. I walked towards the bed but she didn't looked up. I laid beside her and turned to her so her back is facing me. I put my arms around her hugging her tightly.

"I'm sorry" I whisper but she didn't turn around.

"I love you mam" I whispered again. I know I've hurt her by the way I act earlier. I should have talk to her, tell her nothing's gonna happen to me, that I'm okay but I didn't,I just locked myself in my room. She turns around and I'm shock to see that there we're tears in her eyes. I hugged her quickly, I don't want to see her crying.

"Mam why are you crying." I said pulling away. My voice is shaky.

"I heard your song" She said wiping her tears away. I'm on loudspeaker when I was singing. Why didn't I checked before singing. I sighed

"Oh that" I said turning on my back and stared at the ceiling. She hugged me and I started humming. until I drift off to sleep   

Carter hums to the tune of Somewhere That's Green by Little Shop of Horrors Xx please tell me what you think Xx I'll appreciate it :)