Chapter Twenty Five

I was woken up by the phone ringing on the bedside table. I groaned and was about to sit up when I felt an arm draped on my waist. I looked on my side  and saw mam sleeping her hair is on her face. I smile a little bit and reaching for the phone. I looked at it and saw Lily calling. I answered it.

'Cheryl?' She said.

'No, It's me Carter' I giggled.

'Oh... Where's your mum babe?' She's kinda nervous and worried.It sounded so urgent

'She's here, sleeping. Do you want me to wake her up?' I asked

'Can you? please?'

'Sure. wait a second' I turned to mam and remove the hair from her face.

"Mam" I whispered. She groaned and hugged me tight. I giggle at her.

"Mam" I said.

"Hmm" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Lily wants to speak to you." She just groaned." It's urgent. come on" I told her. I put the phone right on her ear. Mam's still half awake but she's responding to whatever Lily's talking about on the other line.

'What?!' She said suddenly opening her eyes and sitting up taking the phone in my hand. I looked at her with confusion and worry in my eyes.

'They wouldn't stop would they?' She said in frustration. Then Carson walked in.

"Mam there are paps outside" He said looking at us worried. Mam sighed and covered the phone with her other hand.

" Just ignore them babe" She told her. Carson sat beside me.

"What is happening?" I whispered at Carson while mam was on the phone. He just shrugged.

'Thanks Lils' Mam said then she hang up. We looked at her. She faced us and took a deep breath.

"Lily said the paps have speculations on Carter." I'm don't know what to say.

" They've been watching you babe and sense that there's something you're hiding" I lay back in bed staring at the cieling trying to progress what is happening.

"What're we gonna do?" Carson asked.

"It's either we gave them what they want and give them a statement coming from Carter or just ignore it for the meantime if she isn't ready" Mam said and I can sense the worry in her voice.

"Are you ready?" Carson asked looking at me. I minds on the clouds right now and I can't think. Am I ready? I really don't know.

I sat up. " Do you know what? I just want to have some fun." Carson grinned at me but mam is still worried.

"Carter, What about the paps?" She asked holding my hand.

" Mam, I really don't care about them so let's get up and go for a shower then we'll go to a picnic. I know a place" I said cheerfully. They smiled at me then we get up and go get ready

-------------------------------------------------

We're ready to go but the paps are still outside.

"Okay, so just keep your heads down . Mam's gonna go first then Carter then me okay"  Carson said walking towards the door . We nodded and followed him.

"Okay ready?" He's so nervous and panicky making me giggle.

"What?" He looked at me.

"Nothing" He rolled his eyes and opened the door. We got out and followed Carson's plan. Mam walked through the crowd first followed by me then Carson keeping our heads down. I was half way through the crowd when someone grabbed me hard on my wrist making me turn.