Chapter Five

Cheryl's P.O.V.

I woke up to see that's it's already seven in the morning. I turned to Carter who is still sleeping like a baby. I stared at her and felt a tear escaped from my eyes. I just can't handle seeing her in this situation. I can't handle the fact that she will be gone so fast. Why does this have to happen to her. She's sweet, kind, beautiful, caring, so lovable, she's perfect. How canthis happen to her.

I was cut off with my thoughts by my phone ringing on the table beside the bed.I sighed and grab it walking outside the room to answer it . 

"Hello" I sighed.

"Cheryl, What's this about Carter in the hospital?" Nicola said sounding a little worried.

"Guess you read the papers" I sighed.

"Well... Is it true?"

"Yes" I said breaking into tears.

"Hey are you at the hospital?"

"Yes"

"Aww Cheryl, Please don't cry, I'm on my way there. Just wait for me. I'm gonna let the others know "

"Okay"

"Bye, Wait for me"

"Okay, bye" 

And with that she hung up. I walk inside the room closing the door quietly. I sat on the chair beside the hospital bed wiping my tears. I turned to Carter and held her hand then tears started to come out. I don't know if I'll ever stop crying. I stared at her admiring her beauty. I can't lose her. I remember when Ashley left us, she always sleeps next to me every night and when i wake up in the morning, she and Carson will make me breakfast then cheer me up. 

I don't know how long I've been staring at her because suddenly I heard a soft knock at the door. I got up trying to fix meself. I walked towards the door wiping my tears. I slowly opened it and a Kimberley quickly pulled me into a  hug closing the door behind her then I started to cry again.

"Ssshhh, It's gonna be okay" She said hugging tightly and stroking my hair. I pulled away wiping my tears.

"How'd you get here?" I sniffed

"Nicola called saying something happened  to Carter and you were here. I drove here as fast as I can. I she okay?" she asked looking at Carter and looking back at me. I just shook my head.

"Let's sit down" she grabbed my hand and walked towards the bench by the window. We sat down then she held my hand.

"What happened?" she asked softly

"Yesterday...." I paused trying my best not to cry again.

"Yeah?"

"I don't know what happened, I just heard Carson yelling carrying Carter in his arms. Carter's bleeding and looks pale then we rushed her here. then-"

I was cut off by someone who is opening the door. We looked towards thw door then saw Nicola, Sarah and Nadine.

"What happened Cheryl?" Nadine asked walking towards us. Nicola and Sarah walked towards Carter then stood on each side of the bed looking at her then turning to me with a worried look on their faces. I took a deep breath and let the tears roll down my face. I turned to Kimberley who is still holding my hand then I looked down the floor.

"The doctors ran a few tests" I paused.

"And?" Sarah said. I looked up to them

"She has...Leukemia" I heard everyone gasp. Kimberley let go of my hand and pulled me into her arms crying. Nadine and Sarah was shocked and just stared at me. Nicola sat beside Carter crying.