Chapter Two: If I Never See You Again

Picture is Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Pietro Maximoff aka Quicksilver in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Music is "The Harold Song (Deconstructed Mix)" by Ke$ha.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · 

"If I never see you again

I will always carry you

inside

outside

on my fingertips

and at brain edges

and in centers

centers

of what I am of

what remains."

-Charles Bukowski

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER TWO

"Bruising on her wrists, anxiety hormones are through the roof, but other than that, I can't see anything wrong with her," Tony says, looking at my wrists carefully.

"So she is okay?" Pietro asks, worriedly walking in cirlces.

Tony nods. "What about the babies?" I ask.

"They're just fine, kiddo. Nothing to worry about." He smiles at me and places my hospital report down. "Do you want an actual doctor to take a look at you?'

I shake my head. "No. I'm fine. I don't want to go out in public. Not with all these stupid reporters around." I look over to the window and see several people trying to get in Stark Tower and sigh. "Why can't they just leave us alone?"

"They're curious," Tony sighs.

"They are going to have to wait," Pietro growls. "When are you going to make your public appearance to settle down these damn nosey people?"

I hope down from the table and grab Pietro's hand. "Soon," Tony says. "I'm scheduled for an interview with the news stations this weekend."

"Which one?"

"All of them."

I nod, thank Tony, and Pietro and I make our leave to our floor again. As soon as I had woken to the trembling room, Pietro had calmed me down and run me to Tony's health ward. Thankfully everything is okay. Everything except for me.

"What happened, baby?" he asks, pushing the button for our floor.

I push my red curls, that have gotten way too long over the past months, out of my face and sigh. "I don't know. Bad dreams again. I can't shake them. I've tried everything. Tea, pills, nothing helps me sleep through the night. Not even Wanda."

"Is something on your mind?"

"Something's always on my mind, Pietro."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"By it, you mean my parents," I assume in a cold voice.

He says, "It will help, da?'

"No," I spit. "No, it won't. I don't want to talk about it, them. I'm not talking to them ever again, let alone see them." I walk out from the elevator as soon as it opens with a small ding.

"Why will you not at least hear me out? You said you would," he asks, following me to the kitchen.

"Why can't you drop it?" I turn around, my anger flaming. "You don't know what those people are like!"