Chapter Eleven: All The World Drops Dead

Music is "We Fought As A United Galaxy" by Sam Hulick from the Mass Effect 3 OST.

Picture is my edit of Wanda Maximoff.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"I should have loved a thunderbird instead;
At least when spring comes they roar back again.
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)"

- Sylvia Plath

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER ELEVEN

{Glory's P.O.V.}

It took a while, but Pietro and I made it back to the Avenger's Tower without much cause to panic.

Except that there was an invasion. By Magneto. And there was no Avenger's Tower when we returned. Just a pile of rubble with Wanda sitting in the center of th blast radius.

Pietro places me down on a stable slab of what's left of our home and runs to his sister. "Wanda!" Red energy is surrounding the female Maximoff twin, her head turned down and hair covering her face, keeping it hidden from us.

As Pietro approaches, Wanda's magic sends him flying backwards. I lift up my hand, pressing just enough power out to catch Pietro with my distance manipulation. I place him down to the Earth again and he walks back to Wanda. "Wanda, please." Then he starts speaking in another language.

I turn, bewildered at the sight of her destruction. It's one thing to read it in a comic book, but it's entirely another to see it firsthand. Not one stone is left unturned. "Glory!" Steve shouts, running over to me. "Thank God you're alright. You are alright, right?"

I nod. "Are you? Where is everyone?" I look around, only seeing a handful of Avengers, mutants, and scientists. "Are they hurt?"

Steve's face turns to a deeper frown. "Glory... I don't know how to tell you this..."

My fists clench, preparing myself in every way possible. "Tell me. I can take it."

"Magneto and his Brotherhood attacked. Oasis, Hell Child, Inkheart, Whitesmith, and Vision, along with Erik Selvig, Jane Foster, Professor Mortimer, and many others were taken."

"Dear Frigga," I whisper, my eyes widening. "What of Vlad?"

"He flew away just as I tried to get him in the bunker," Nat says, in a guilty voice. "Magneto, he... he lifted the entire bunker out of the basement. He pulled it up from twenty feet underground and took it with him." Her face is grim, but her eyes are widening. "This is all my fault."

"No, Tasha," Steve retorts, placing a hand on her shoulder. "It's not."

"Let's give credit where credit is due," Clint says, walking over to the three of us. "This is Magneto's doing. This is his fault."

"Damn right," Scott Lang adds, joining us.

"And Wanda did this?" I ask in a whisper, careful for the twins to not hear me.

Steve nods. "Vision was taken practically from her grasp by her own half sister, Lorna. She took it badly to say the least."

"I'm only sorry I wasn't here. I had to keep Cassie safe. She's with Hope now, so I can be here."

"I'm glad you weren't," Steve says. "Your suit is primarily metal. So is my shield, most our weaponry," he motions to Clint's bow and Nat's guns. "We're going to have to change our entire game to beat this guy."

"This guy is like my worst nightmare," Bucky groans, closing his eyes and making a face.

"I may have some ideas for that," Stephen Strange says, coming over to us. "If I may."