Chapter Thirty-Three: The Song Of War

Music is "World On Fire / They Hit Without Warning - Mashup" by Les Friction / AudioMachine.

Picture is The Avengers.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"Never before had the song of war been the song of hope ascending."

- L. L. Tyrrell

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Recommendation from the author: "American Dicator" by fly248.

Recommendation from the audience: None this week.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

"We have to go to him before he gets to Washington," I say urgently, turning to Tony, who still has his eyes glued to the television. "Magneto isn't above killing millions of humans to prove his point, and with Ultron in the mix? Who knows what could happen."

Tony tears his eyes away, nodding to me. "I agree. Get your team together. I'll get mine. For the time being, we will put aside the differences to take out this guy."

"We need Steve."

"Absolutely not."

I raise an eyebrow. "Seriously, Tony? You want to do this game with me? Erik Lensherr is over Baltimore with who knows how many Ultron Iron-Man suits and mutants and you want to play righteous-?"

"-Glory," Pepper interrupts us arguing, pointing to the screen. "Look."

I turn my head just in time to see Magneto floating above the flying city with a small group of people in his grasp. He has them wrapped in a piece of metal, hovering right in front of him. The news cameraman closes in on the people he has with him.

Roosevelt, Bex, and Mom. Erik Lensherr has my family.

"You wanted to play the family game, Gloria Northern," he shouts, looking at the camera from up high in the air. "You should have protected your family more after taking my daughter."

"They have my family!" I practically scream, eyes glowing golden as my fists ball up. "You can't be serious!" Turning to Tony, I growl, "I'm getting Steve. This is not up for debate."

Tony nods, realizing how bad this is going to get. "This changes everything. I'll talk to Judge Barrineau and have him set on parole. I'll be his parole officer." He places a hand on my shoulder as I breathe heavily, trying to get my powers under control. "Don't worry, Glory. We're gonna get them back, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." Magneto pulls my family back into the hold of Asteroid M, hiding them from my sight. "Erik Lensherr is going to die today."

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

I push past the guards to Steve's cell, practically breaking the door down with the same grim expression I've had pretty much all day. Steve jumps from the table where he sits alone. "Where are Matt and Foggy?" I ask.

"They went to go check on a source for the case." Steve recognizes my expression, the same one I wear when something is horribly wrong. "Glory, what-"

"They have my family," I whisper.

"Oh, no. The twins?"

I shake my head. "Roosevelt, Bex, and Mom." I cross my arms, trying to control my shaking. "I saw a coffin in my vision. I think it might be one of theirs now."

Steve places his hands on my shoulders. "Don't do this to yourself, Glory."

I clear my throat, pushing his hands away. "Tony is arranging to have you released on a parole of sorts. We need you."