Chapter Fourteen: Damage Of A Collateral Nature

Music is "Wreckage" by Superhuman.

Picture is Genosha Concept Art by MARVEL Studios.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"The laws of celestial mechanics dictate that when two objects collide, there is always damage of a collateral nature."

- Unknown.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

{Pietro's P.O.V.}

"There have been multiple riots all over the country since the announcement of the Superhuman Registration Act. In the past two weeks, the Government has deployed countermeasures to these riots, including the use of Iron Man's Iron Legion and War Machine, but neither has done much to settle the public down.

"Many mutants enhanced, and heroes have come to the forefront and registered. Some of the most well-known are Spider-Man, Wonder Man, Mister Fantastic, Iron Man, War Machine, Falcon, Captain Marvel, and Maria Hill. Those who have been captured are being held in what the Government is referring to as 'The Negative Zone.' we still do not yet know what this is exactly, but Tony Stark assures us that the captive unregistered enhanced are being treated with the upmost security and kindness.

"Since the passing of this law, the New Avengers are nowhere to be found. Where are the heroes? Are they in hiding? Have they registered? And what of the Next Generation Mutants? Since the bombing of New Avengers Tower, neither our favorite heroes or the mutant population in the Tower have been seen-"

My fist makes contact with the television screen. The bullshit they have been publishing about Tony Stark's crusade and our lack of appearance is just that. Bullshit.

"Whoa, Pietro," Glory says, from her seat at the table. Her eyes are wide as she looks at me surprised. "Either that T.V. did something horrible to you in the past five minutes-"

"I am so sick of this bullshit!" I exclaim, letting my fist fall to my side. "What gives them the right to say this? None is true. Except the fact that I want to wring Tony's little-"

"-Free speech, unfortunately. Free country."

"Not for much longer," Steve adds, walking into the room.

"I am so sick of this," I groan, pacing. "And I am even more sick of this place. How long must we stay?"

"As long as it takes to track down Vision and the Next Gen.'s wearabouts," Steve says, hands on hips. "And the rest of the scientists from AT2."

Glory closes her Dark Horse comic and stands up, placing a hand on her huge stomach. "Pietro has a point, Cap."

"Thank you," I mumble, looking up in exasperation.

"When can we get out and do something? The nation needs us, now more than ever. I may not have the comics anymore, but I remember Civil War vividly. We have to be careful when we make a move."

"I'm hesitant for that very reason," Steve replies, running his hands through his hair. "I want to make certain we get those back who were taken and not endanger any more."

"That's why you have us," Logan says, entering the room and leaning against the doorway. "I'm not interrupting, am I?"

"Like you would care if you were," I smirk.

"Got a problem, Bub?"

"Yes, actually. They send us backup, but they send a man of metal to fight a man who controls met-"