Chapter Twenty-Two: Anyone Can Betray Anyone

Music is "Sharks Don't Sleep" by Dean Valentine.

Picture is my edit of Glory and Vlad.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"I am finally learning my lesson. Anyone can betray anyone."

- Victoria Aveyard

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

This is a rescue mission. Plain and simple. It's not every day that a twenty-six year old breaks into Stark Prison.

"What the hell does Stark think he's doing?" Wanda whispers as we watch from above. We float right above the building beside the Prison, waiting to hatch our half-assed plan. "What does he hope to gain from this?"

I crouch down onto the ledge of the roof, watching as Logan and his motorcycle come flying down the street. "I don't know. He's up to something. Here comes Logan. Get ready to jump through a portal."

Our plan is relatively simple: Logan creates a distraction by breaking into the basic levels of the Prison and causing havoc, while Wanda and I sneak in via portal to free Vlad from his cell on the basement floor. It was put together rather quickly, and that's what worries me.

Logan's bike comes to a halt as he turns towards the Prison doors, hitting the gas to go jolting through the doors, claws extending. After that, all we hear is a bunch of screaming, shouting, and loads of flying bullets.

"I hope he will be alright."

I smirk. "Trust me. He has been through much worse. Now, c'mon. Let's go, Scarlet Witch."

Wanda groans, and I create a portal to the basement level based on my knowledge of the Prison layout. "I really wish you would not call me that."

"Can't help it. It's classic."

"From the schematics we memorized, you should be putting us somewhere in a utility closet. Should not be a soul in sight."

We jump through the portal, and my skin feels icy cold, as if being dropped into space. Once through, the surroundings depict just as Wanda fortold: a small, utility closet with lots of cleaning tools. I sigh, relieved. "Thank Odin."

"Glory, behind you!" Wanda whisper-shouts.

I jerk my head and see a very shocked man going for his com. I stretch out my hand and pull the com off his belt towards me. "Sorry, buddy. Can't have you alerting Tony."

"You-You're the one they all talk about."

I open another portal to Central Park and turn back to the very frightened man. "Don't worry. We're not here to hurt you." I lift him up and throw him through the swirling portal of golden energy.

"That was close," Wanda breathes.

"So much for not a soul in sight." I open the door to the hallway of the Prison and peak outside. No one walks the hallways. "Clear outside. Follow me."

"Do you know where we are going?" Wanda asks, as we sneak out of the closet, scurrying silently down the hallway.

I nod. "I memorized the map. We should be coming up on a-" We turn the corner and see a door at the end of the hallway. "Door!"

"Why could we not just create a portal down to the basement level where Vlad is?"

"Tony has motion detectors in place all along the hallways, but not just normal motion detectors. They detect spacial anomalies, magic, teleportation, and other forms of superpowers. We'd be caught before we could get him out, even with Logan as the distraction."