Part One: Rule 1 - Assume Nothing

Age of Darkness Christmas Special

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

The Moscow Rules
1. Assume Nothing
2. Never go against your gut
3. Everyone is potentially under opposition control
4. Don't look back; you are never completely alone
5. Go with the flow, blend in
6. Vary your pattern and stay within your cover
7. Lull them into a sense of complacency
8. Don't harass the opposition
9. Pick the time and place for action
10. Keep your options open

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Music: James Bond Theme

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Part One: Rule 1 - Assume Nothing

It's a robbery, a murder, an undercover illegal mission, but not a crime...

At least that's what she tells herself as she breaks into the head of Moscow's HYDRA organization, killing two guards, seducing the boss, and stealing the rubies out from under his nose.

Glory Northern prides herself with her work against the mob bosses in HYDRA, the greatest crime "family" of all time. Made up of criminals and terrorists, HYDRA is set on world control through the banks of wealthy capitalists. It's people like Glory, a rogue agent belonging to no organization, that are determined to take a bit of that profit for themselves.

And why not? It was stolen first. She steals stolen goods. She robs thieves. All that is ever left is an lip print of red lipstick on the dead body of the mobster. The lipstick is a killer, a poisonous brand, and also acidic. It leaves behind no biological material for the police to find.

No witnesses left alive, yet no innocent people injured. Just the alias by one of the most deadly Public Service Assassins ever to live: Agent G.

The only problem with being Agent G and Gloria Sasha Northern at the same time is the loneliness. She tries to convince herself that it doesn't bother her anymore. After all, she's a spy. She lies for a living. Yet, the older she gets, the more she wishes she had done something normal with her life instead of joining the KGB at eighteen. Maybe have gone to college, or dated some football star. Having no parents and a complicated relationship with her other family members...

Ever since her twentieth birthday, Glory has been able to take down a man three times her size, shoot three bullets in a person's chest from one hundred yards away in three seconds, and break a neck with her legs. Now, coming up on twenty-nine, it's nearly ten years since she's seen her family, had friends, or a stable life. Sure, she can crack a safe or hack the FBI database with no problems, but ask her to see a movie or make a cup of coffee? She barely remembers that life at all.

"This is my life," she mumbles to herself, twisting the old-fashioned safe lock back and forth, listening for the clicks. "Breaking and entering into HYDRA's most valuable assets."

She hears a loud click signaling the unlock of the safe. Grinning to herself, she opens it peaks inside.

"Agent G," a voice says from the other end of her microphone that's built into her pearl necklace, "you've got incoming in thirty seconds. Ward is on his way back to the room."

She nods to herself, taking a deep breath. "Let me know the second he's outside the door and cut the feed right after. Okay, Agent V?"

Agent V, also known as Vladimir Spencer, and the only person Glory works with when it comes to having another person look over her. A strange looking man with black hair and goth clothing, you never would've guessed that his IQ was more than that of Einstein and his number of degrees were innumerable. He's the best guy she's worked with, and she has built a small pocket of trust around him.