Chapter Sixteen: It's A Cold And It's A Broken Hallelujah

Music is "To The End" by Patrick Rundblad.

Picture is "Do You Know What Your Child Is?" by unknown.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"Love is not
a victory march.

It's a cold
and it's a broken
Hallelujah."

- Leonard Cohen

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

A/N:

Hey guys!

I just wanted to say that I have been praying for the Paris incident that occurred last week. I know I'm late on this, but I wanted to say that just because it was nearly a week ago, we should still be doing all we can to aid them.

Pray for Paris, or better yet, donate your money, time, and thoughts to them. We can help them through this.

On a happier note, 3,500 words on the Age of Darkness Christmas Special!

That is all, my beautiful baby Avengers. Enjoy the chapter! :)

Love and Light,

- Save_Pietro_Maximoff

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"Glory, are you sure this is a good idea?" Pietro's voice asks through the earpiece.

I continue glancing around the park area. We'd asked Charles Xavier to arrange a meeting with Tony in Central Park. Xavier would come as an umpire of sorts. He would make certain than things between Tony and I didn't get out of hand. It's a quiet day with only a few people running around the park. The birds are signing, the flowers are blooming, everything would be perfect if it weren't for this occasion.

"Not entirely, my love, but we don't have another choice," I reply, softly.

Charles sits to my left in his chair. We're playing a game of chess in one of the nice sitting areas in the park. Charles has told me of how he and Erik used to spend time here, just talking and playing chess. I guess that was before Erik went dark side.

"I'll check in once we talk to Stark," I tell him.

"Alright, Glory. Be careful."

"Always am. Glory out."

"I guess we have something in common, you and I," he says to me, moving his Knight across the board.

"What's that?" I ask, moving my pawn to stand in front of him, knowing I'm about to lose it anyways.

"We both have friends who betrayed us, or at least, we see it that way," Charles replies, taking his Knight and knocking my pawn over. "Check."

"You're too good at this, Professor." I smile and shake my head. "I want to thank you for coming out and doing all this for us. I know the X-Men wish to remain neutral in Civil War."

"I am merely babysitting the New Avengers and the Pro-Registration," Charles chuckles, smiling at me. "The sooner this dispute is over, the sooner my people can come out of hiding." He sighs as I move my next piece across the board. "Some of my students have urged me to reconsider my stance against both parties."

"And have you?"

"Publicly? No, but privately, whatever the New Avengers or any other Anti-Registration party needs, I will do all I can to help."

I smile and nod. "Thank you, Professor. I'm glad to hear it."

He moves his piece across the board and takes out my Queen. "Checkmate." His face frowns. "Tony Stark is here."