Chapter Twenty: Where There Are Villains, There Will Be Heroes

Music is "Eternal Light (Piano Version)" by Future World Music.

Picture is my edit of Ksenia Aspen Wanda and Steven Dmitri Maximoff.

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"Where there are villains, there will be heroes. Just wait. They will come."

- Steelheart

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Hey guys!

First off, OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A MONTH. It wasn't intentional, otherwise I would've warned you. I've had such a bad case of writer's block, and exams were brutal, and of course the holidays were a craze.

I am back, though! Back and ready to write! :)

Also, I have a new name, as some of you might've noticed. I used to be Save_Pietro_Maximoff, but I thought what the hell? It's a new year, new name! Now I am Save_Kylo_Ren, because Adam Driver is a babe and he did fantastic in the new Star Wars!

Sorry if I scared you! I do hope you enjoyed the Christmas Special! This chapter will be a slow one, but some serious shit is about to down next time, and I swear it won't be a month before I update again ;)

Your friendly neighborhood author,

- Save_Kylo_Ren

· ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER TWENTY

The days after having the twins and Ultron's escape and Magneto's attack were even harder than the hours I spent in labor. That's saying something.

I spent a day, or maybe it was two, in the hospital. The days were so confusing. So much happened. After the fight with Magneto and Ultron, the Avengers reassembled at Stark Tower. They've been there ever since, and true to his word, Tony put the Superhuman Registration Act on hold. How he did it is a mystery. The guy has some serious pull.

Pietro left after a few hours to go help the Avengers fix this mess. Tony's since moved the twins and I to the hospital in his tower, one of the safest places we could be. Why there instead of the X Mansion, you might ask? Tony's has the most advanced technology on the planet. If anyone can find Erik, he can. Even Cerebro can't detect Magneto if he wants to be hidden.

Speaking of, Ksenia and Steven are absolutely perfect. Completely healthy and happy. They sleep most of the time, and cry the rest of the time. Seriously. There's so much crying. Between them and the battles, I haven't slept in what seems like days.

Vision is slowly coming back to us. After Ultron was dumped from his brain, it seems he's finally making it back to the land of the living, much to Wanda's joy.

We lost Magneto and Ultron after he had his Brotherhood attack and give them a cover for escape. We tracked them heading towards Africa over the Atlantic Ocean, but we lost them after they passed the Bahamas. We've assumed that they're heading back to Genosha.

At the moment, it's a rare scene of quiet. The babies are soundly sleeping tin their cribs, the Avengers are getting some well needed rest, and I'm free to lay on my bed and just enjoy the silence. Or let my brain go wild with worry. More likely it'll be the later.

"Glory?" a soft voice whispers. I turn my head towards the door and see Wanda. Her long hair is pulled up into a bun and she's wearing red pajamas. She looks absolutely terrible. Well, exhausted. Wanda has a face that could never look terrible. "I can't sleep."

I nod and sit up, pushing myself off the bed. "Let's talk outside in the kitchen. The babies are finally asleep." She nods and we tip toe outside.